Had Ageless come back to give me an estimate on a new bluestone stoop and a new walkway from pavers. The owner Bob came over and he has a way of making you feel comfortable. The price was almost what I had expected. Within a few weeks they had all their materials and started their work. They were neat and efficient which is what I am looking for when hiring a contractor. We couldn't be happier with how the stoop came out and it gave our house the curb appeal that it needed.Kevin F.
We called Ageless Chimney because we were not happy with the company we had used previously. They were terrific -- turned up on time, showed us pictures/videos of the work that needed doing (and more pictures after they had done it), and offered good prices. Christian and Bob came back to do the work that we needed on a Saturday, and they were extremely professional and efficient, did a great job, and cleaned up after themselves.Paul P.
Unfortunately not thrilled with work that was done. We had them redo our stoop with the understanding all sides would be bricked like original, it wasn't. Sides were stuccoed. Plus gaps between bricks on steps where water would seep and in winter when frozen would cause cracks. The stone was marked up and they destroyed grass by cutting stone on it. Would not recommend at all.Kathleen S.
Had the pleasure of meeting Bob this week to fix our chimney which had no cap or liner on it for years apparently (found dead birds inside gross). He beat out a previous estimate and did an amazing job! Came at straight 9am, explained everything and was done by 11. Super nice, professional, and clean. Would recommend to anyone!Alesya N.
We just had Ageless Chimney replace our chimney liner. They were very professional from the original inspection/quote process to setting the date/time for the job to completion. The men worked very neatly and when they left the place was spotless. And another plus, they guys were very pleasant!! I would definitely recommend Ageless Chimney!Roberta R.
My neighbors actually comment at how great my chimney looks. The guys at ageless are literally the only people I would trust to fix chimneys, and roofs too. They’re stand up guys. They could easily charge more for their work, but believe in being fair. They’re about to do my entire roof, and I didn’t even bother getting additional estimates. I trust Sherwood, Bobby and the rest of the crew implicitly. If you don’t use ageless for chimney or roof repairs, you will regret it. Thanks again guys and see you soon!!!Noah Rosenthal
Very Impressed! Showed up on time, gave me a great warranty and worked their A...... off on my 90 year old chimney. I really liked the fact that the owner of the company was involved in every step of the job. I am a licensed home inspector and would highly recommend ageless chimney to any and all of my clients.Steven F.
I Call this company to take my chimney down and rebuild it..they gave me a great price and were one of the most professional company I've seen in a long time..it started off right from the girl on the phone to sherwood making my chimney come out to my tuff standards..this is a very nice and professional crew..I would recommend these guys to everyoneDon R.
Professional, quick and informative! We needed a chimney cleaning and after reviewing a few companies we went with Ageless and I am SO glad that we did! They were on time as scheduled, quick, clean and they even took the time to explain to us (first time fireplace users) how to use it. Very professional and would recommend them in an instant!Jackie C.
Our oil company came to do the annual boiler cleaning and said there was a nest in the chimney. I had their recommended chimney company come for an estimate and they said we needed a new liner and brickwork (we have a very old house so I wasn't surprised), but their price seemed high. I'm usually wary about calling a company without a personal recommendation, but I called Ageless based on their on-line reviews and couldn't be happier. Their price was considerably less than we were quoted by the first company. They arrived on time, were able to do the work same day and were done in about an hour. The guys were very professional and everything was clean when they left. Don't be surprised if you see this same review on other web sites - I'm very happy to recommend this company!Isabel F.
Everything about this company was very professional beginning with the friendly receptionist in the office. She scheduled to have someone come out for an estimate a few days after my call. Someone called to confirm the appt a couple of days prior. Charlie and Terry showed up early (could it get any better?!) and my parents felt so comfortable with their ability to complete the work, they had them just take care of it on the spot! Everyone I interacted with on this repair was so pleasant and friendly! Would not hesitate to use them again or to recommend to others.Lisa D.
My chimney recently got damaged by superstorm sandy. I gave ageless chimney a call after their website provided me with great information. The owner Bob came to my house the same week. They were able to rebuild and fix my chimney so I could use heat and hot water. I was so impressed with the way the company was efficient and clean. Highly recommend them!Christian G.
Ageless Chimney Offers Suffolk County Chimney Leak Inspection, Detection, and Correction
When the property owners of Suffolk County are in need of chimney care, there’s only one company they call: Ageless Chimney. For more than a decade, our locally owned and operated company has been maintaining, inspecting, and correcting chimneys of homeowners throughout the area. Our team of professional technicians use the highest quality and most advanced tools, equipment, and techniques to ensure the chimneys we work on are properly functioning and safe to use.
As a full-service chimney care company, we specialize in all areas of chimney care, including leak detection. While chimneys are built to withstand exposure to extreme temperatures, chemical by-products, and the elements, they can sustain damage. Moisture is one of the worst types of damage a chimney can sustain. It can lead to damage the structural integrity of the chimney and the elements that surround it, resulting in extensive and costly repairs. It can also increase the risk of exposure to toxic fumes and fire.
To avoid the consequences of moisture damage, having your chimney inspected by a reputable Suffolk County chimney repair specialist on a regular basis is important.
Causes of Moisture Damage
There are several variables that can lead to moisture damage in a chimney. Some of the most common causes include:
- Damaged masonry. Most chimneys are constructed of masonry, like brick or stone, and mortar. Mortar acts like glue, as it holds the masonry materials together. Unfortunately, these masonry materials are quite porous. Because these materials are exposed to the elements, whenever it rains or snows, the brick, stone, and mortar in your chimney absorb moisture. When the temperatures drop, the trapped moisture freezes, and when the temperatures rise, it thaws. This constant freezing and thawing cause the masonry materials to expand and contract, and over time, they can crack and crumble. This is known as spalling. Damaged mortar – or spalling – can affect the aesthetics of your chimney; but more importantly, it can damage the entire structure. The damage can allow moisture to leak into your chimney and the walls that surround it, which can lead to serious problems.
- Damaged or missing chimney cap. A cap is a chimney’s first line of defense against exterior elements. It prevents rain, snow, and sleet from entering the chimney. If this element is damaged or missing, water can drip into your chimney, which can cause a number of problems. It can damage the flue, the feature that lines the chimney and protects it from high heat and gasses. It can also damage the fireplace, as well as anything that surrounds the structure.
- Damaged chimney crowns. The crown prevents water from collecting at the top of the chimney. If it’s damaged, water will pool, and eventually, it will damage the crown even further, as well as other elements of the chimney, including the cap, the masonry material, the fireplace, and the surrounding walls.
- Damaged flashing. Flashing prevents water from penetrating the chimney where it meets the roof. If the flashing is damaged in any way, water will eventually push its way between the structure and the roof, which can lead to leakage and the serious problems that come along with it
Reasons to Have Your Chimney Inspected for Leaks
Chimneys and moisture don’t mix. Even a minor leak can cause major damage. Leaks can rust the firebox and damper. They can damage the flue and the entire structural integrity of the fireplace. Leaks can increase the risk of fire and can ultimately cause the chimney to collapse. They can also increase your risk of being exposed to toxic gases, like carbon monoxide.
The only way to avoid the extensive, costly and dangerous damage that moisture can cause is by having a professional company, like Ageless Chimney, inspect it on a regular basis.
Comprehensive Leak Detection
The highly trained technicians at Ageless Chimney will thoroughly inspect your chimney for any leaks. Using the highest quality tools and proven strategies, we’ll locate any signs of a leak. If we find a leak, we’ll determine the cause and assess the damage that it’s caused.
Our crew will provide you with a complete diagnostic report and let you know our recommendations for corrections. With your approval, we’ll completely repair the source of the leak, as well as any damage that it may have caused. When we’re done, we’ll reassess the structure to ensure that it’s leak-proof.
Our technicians provide fast, efficient, and affordable leak detection services. That’s why so many Suffolk County homeowners rely on us for their chimney leak inspection, detection, and correction needs; as well as all of their chimney maintenance and repair needs. When we’re on the job, you can have confidence knowing that your chimney – and your home – are in the very best of hands.
Schedule an Appointment for Flanders, NY Leak Inspection Today!
Protect your chimney, your fireplace, and your home from the damaging effects of moisture by scheduling a leak detection service. To learn more about our comprehensive leak detection processor to make an appointment, call 516-795-1313. One of our friendly and knowledgeable associates will be more than happy to answer any of your questions and arrange a time for this all-important service at a time that is most convenient for you.
- Learn more about Flanders, NY 11901
- Open a Flanders, NY map
- Find the Flanders, NY United States Post Office
- Locate nearby Flanders, NY pharmacies
- View the current Flanders, NY weather report
- Browse a list of Flanders, NY public and private schools
- Flanders, NY is located in Suffolk county in New York State