Our oil company came to do the annual boiler cleaning and said there was a nest in the chimney. I had their recommended chimney company come for an estimate and they said we needed a new liner and brickwork (we have a very old house so I wasn't surprised), but their price seemed high. I'm usually wary about calling a company without a personal recommendation, but I called Ageless based on their on-line reviews and couldn't be happier. Their price was considerably less than we were quoted by the first company. They arrived on time, were able to do the work same day and were done in about an hour. The guys were very professional and everything was clean when they left. Don't be surprised if you see this same review on other web sites - I'm very happy to recommend this company!Isabel F.
Never again will I look elsewhere for a good chimney service! Sherwood Adams was at my location of residence within 15 minutes of me calling them! He assessed the leak I had in my chimney and had it repaired fast! This is the sort of real all American chimney repair company we've all been waiting for on Long island!Samsung 467
Ageless Chimney was one of three estimates sought, and I'm glad that I chose them. Although it hasn't rained yet, I trust that the leak from failed flashing (no thanks to the previous roofers) is fixed, and the chimney on this 100+ year old home was completely re-pointed for the first time ever. From the professional office staff, to Keith the estimator, to Sherwood and Kevin who performed the work, thank you for giving me peace of mind from a job well done!Louise S.
We just had Ageless Chimney replace our chimney liner. They were very professional from the original inspection/quote process to setting the date/time for the job to completion. The men worked very neatly and when they left the place was spotless. And another plus, they guys were very pleasant!! I would definitely recommend Ageless Chimney!Roberta R.
Honest, professional and willing to answer question. I took a shot with this company, when I sought help for what I thought was a chimney problem. They came checked out my heating , hot water systems andAdrienne Testa
chimney. I was relieved there was no problem and happily surprised when there was no charge. Anyone needing a reliable, honest and professional chimney company can rest assure you have found them with this company.
Would highly recommend this company. They had excellent customer service! From the beginning phone call with Cheryl the receptionist to the workers Keith and Kyle that installed a stainless steel chimney liner today. This company was a pleasure to deal with, fast, had great prices, meticulous work, and highly recommended:)Stacey B.
Had Ageless come back to give me an estimate on a new bluestone stoop and a new walkway from pavers. The owner Bob came over and he has a way of making you feel comfortable. The price was almost what I had expected. Within a few weeks they had all their materials and started their work. They were neat and efficient which is what I am looking for when hiring a contractor. We couldn't be happier with how the stoop came out and it gave our house the curb appeal that it needed.Kevin F.
Bob and his staff were amazing. They came on time did all the work mentioned and were so clean you would not even know they were there. All the workers were very good and perfectionists. They explained everything they were doing. They fixed our chimney and front stoop. Their prices were very reasonable. I highly recommend them.Doug D.
Wanted to take a few minutes to pass along my experience with Ageless Chimney….my mother in law is 87 and she needed to have repairs made to her fire place chimney and to her front stoop. I went the normal route of asking around, for personal references before doing some research on the computer. I can tell you I was very apprehensive when I could not get any personal references. Quite frankly, I was most concerned about her being taken advantage of and me too….well let me tell you…I am super glad that I chose Ageless after receiving several estimates….their work and professionalism was simply outstanding…so good that I felt that I had to take the time to write this review…As for the longevity of their work, time will only tell but I am very confident in the results for the work that was performed and they warrantied it for ten years too.Michael Mantione
Ageless Chimney Offers Nassau County Chimney Leak Inspection, Detection, and Correction
When the property owners of Nassau County are in need of chimney care, there’s only one company they call: Ageless Chimney. For more than a decade, our locally owned and operated company has been maintaining, inspecting, and correcting chimneys of homeowners throughout the area. Our team of professional technicians use the highest quality and most advanced tools, equipment, and techniques to ensure the chimneys we work on are properly functioning and safe to use.
As a full-service chimney care company, we specialize in all areas of chimney care, including leak detection. While chimneys are built to withstand exposure to extreme temperatures, chemical by-products, and the elements, they can sustain damage. Moisture is one of the worst types of damage a chimney can sustain. It can lead to damage the structural integrity of the chimney and the elements that surround it, resulting in extensive and costly repairs. It can also increase the risk of exposure to toxic fumes and fire.
To avoid the consequences of moisture damage, having your chimney inspected by a reputable Nassau County chimney repair specialist on a regular basis is important.
Causes of Moisture Damage
There are several variables that can lead to moisture damage in a chimney. Some of the most common causes include:
- Damaged masonry. Most chimneys are constructed of masonry, like brick or stone, and mortar. Mortar acts like glue, as it holds the masonry materials together. Unfortunately, these masonry materials are quite porous. Because these materials are exposed to the elements, whenever it rains or snows, the brick, stone, and mortar in your chimney absorb moisture. When the temperatures drop, the trapped moisture freezes, and when the temperatures rise, it thaws. This constant freezing and thawing cause the masonry materials to expand and contract, and over time, they can crack and crumble. This is known as spalling. Damaged mortar – or spalling – can affect the aesthetics of your chimney; but more importantly, it can damage the entire structure. The damage can allow moisture to leak into your chimney and the walls that surround it, which can lead to serious problems.
- Damaged or missing chimney cap. A cap is a chimney’s first line of defense against exterior elements. It prevents rain, snow, and sleet from entering the chimney. If this element is damaged or missing, water can drip into your chimney, which can cause a number of problems. It can damage the flue, the feature that lines the chimney and protects it from high heat and gasses. It can also damage the fireplace, as well as anything that surrounds the structure.
- Damaged chimney crowns. The crown prevents water from collecting at the top of the chimney. If it’s damaged, water will pool, and eventually, it will damage the crown even further, as well as other elements of the chimney, including the cap, the masonry material, the fireplace, and the surrounding walls.
- Damaged flashing. Flashing prevents water from penetrating the chimney where it meets the roof. If the flashing is damaged in any way, water will eventually push its way between the structure and the roof, which can lead to leakage and the serious problems that come along with it
Reasons to Have Your Chimney Inspected for Leaks
Chimneys and moisture don’t mix. Even a minor leak can cause major damage. Leaks can rust the firebox and damper. They can damage the flue and the entire structural integrity of the fireplace. Leaks can increase the risk of fire and can ultimately cause the chimney to collapse. They can also increase your risk of being exposed to toxic gases, like carbon monoxide.
The only way to avoid the extensive, costly and dangerous damage that moisture can cause is by having a professional company, like Ageless Chimney, inspect it on a regular basis.
Comprehensive Leak Detection
The highly trained technicians at Ageless Chimney will thoroughly inspect your chimney for any leaks. Using the highest quality tools and proven strategies, we’ll locate any signs of a leak. If we find a leak, we’ll determine the cause and assess the damage that it’s caused.
Our crew will provide you with a complete diagnostic report and let you know our recommendations for corrections. With your approval, we’ll completely repair the source of the leak, as well as any damage that it may have caused. When we’re done, we’ll reassess the structure to ensure that it’s leak-proof.
Our technicians provide fast, efficient, and affordable leak detection services. That’s why so many Nassau County homeowners rely on us for their chimney leak inspection, detection, and correction needs; as well as all of their chimney maintenance and repair needs. When we’re on the job, you can have confidence knowing that your chimney – and your home – are in the very best of hands.
Schedule an Appointment for Glen Cove, NY Leak Inspection Today!
Protect your chimney, your fireplace, and your home from the damaging effects of moisture by scheduling a leak detection service. To learn more about our comprehensive leak detection processor to make an appointment, call 516-795-1313. One of our friendly and knowledgeable associates will be more than happy to answer any of your questions and arrange a time for this all-important service at a time that is most convenient for you.
- Learn more about Glen Cove, NY 11542
- Open a Glen Cove, NY map
- Find the Glen Cove, NY United States Post Office
- Locate nearby Glen Cove, NY pharmacies
- View the current Glen Cove, NY weather report
- Browse a list of Glen Cove, NY public and private schools
- Glen Cove, NY is located in Nassau county in New York State