Chimney Repair in Huntington, NY 11743
Ageless Chimney: Top-Quality Suffolk County Chimney Repair Services
You probably don’t think much about your chimney if you’re like many Huntington, NY property owners. Unfortunately, neglected chimneys are a leading cause of fires in the United States. Poorly maintained chimney systems burn down countless properties every year. The fireplace ventilation features do more than just look good; they also serve a functional purpose. They can pose a serious threat to you and your family if they aren’t properly maintained – cleaned and inspected regularly, and repaired as needed.
Don’t let your home go up in flames! Contact Ageless Chimney, a leading Suffolk County chimney repair specialist. With more than a decade of experience, our locally owned and operated company specializes in all aspects of chimney repair and will ensure this integral feature is operating properly and safely.
Our Chimney Repair Process
At Ageless Chimney, we specialize in all aspects of chimney repair – inspection, detection, and correction. We’ll thoroughly assess every surface of the structure, looking for any signs of trouble. If we spot any causes for concern, we’ll provide you with a proper diagnosis and let you know what repairs are necessary to fix the damage. With your approval, we’ll proceed to correct any problems, using the highest quality equipment and the most advanced repair techniques. Once we’re finished, we’ll reassess your chimney to ensure that everything is in proper working order and safe to use.
Before we make any repairs, we’ll provide you with a written estimate. Our technicians are courteous and respectful; not only of our clients but also of their properties. We’ll protect any surfaces that could possibly be affected during the repair process to prevent unnecessary damages. And when the job is done, we’ll clean up all dirt and debris. The only thing we’ll leave behind is a fully repaired and properly functioning chimney.
Top-Quality Chimney Repair Services You Can Count On
Ageless Chimney offers a full range of chimney repair surfaces. Our highly experienced, licensed technicians can correct chimney malfunctions of all shapes and sizes; there’s no type of damage we can’t manage!
We provide the following repair services for Huntington, NY residents:
· Liner repairs
· Stainless steel liner installation
· Moisture detection and correction
· Damaged masonry and mortar repairs, including full repointing and complete rebuilds
· Draft identification and adjustment
· Repair and replacement of damaged or missing crowns
· Detection and removal of all types of obstruction, including dirt, leaves, twigs, and even nests and animals
These are just some of the chimney repair services that Ageless Chimney provides. No matter what type of repair your chimney needs, you can rely on our highly qualified technicians to locate the problem and fix it as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Telltale Signs Your Chimney is in Need of Repair
Many property owners don’t realize it, but there are definite signs that a chimney is in disrepair. Take the time to inspect your chimney; if you notice any of the following signs, you need to contact a Suffolk County chimney repair specialist right away:
· Cracked or missing mortar. Mortar plays a crucial part in the design and durability of your chimney. It acts as the glue that keeps the brick, stone, and other masonry materials together. Cracked or missing mortar is pretty easy to spot. If it appears that the mortar on your chimney is damaged in any way, it needs to be corrected right away. Even minor damage can lead to major issues, like spalling, which is a serious problem.
· Spalling. Spalling is what happens when the broken motor isn’t attended to and moisture penetrates the masonry. Spalling is a serious problem, as it can compromise the entire structure and ultimately lead to a collapse.
· Shaling. If you’ve spotted any broken bits of tile in the bottom of your fireplace, that’s a sign that your liner is shaling, or falling apart. A liner is a critical part of a chimney, as it guides the byproducts of combustion up and out of the chimney. If it’s damaged, there’s a serious risk of fire.
· Damaged or missing crown. The crown protects a chimney from exterior elements. It stops the rain, snow, sleet, twigs, leaves, and any other debris from making its way into the chimney. It can also prevent animals from nesting in the structure. If the crown is damaged or missing, there’s an increased risk of moisture damage, a serious problem that can cause a major catastrophe.
· White marks. It might look charming and add to the rustic appeal, but white spots on a chimney are a sign of a serious problem. Efflorescence (the scientific term for those white spots) occurs when moisture damage exists. As mentioned, moisture is a serious cause for concern.
If you’ve spotted any of these problems – or if you want to schedule a professional inspection – contact Ageless Chimney. As a leading Huntington, NY chimney repair company, our technicians will fully inspect the structure, identify any damage, and correct all issues.
Ensure the Safety of Your Property: Schedule Your Chimney Repair Service Today!
Having a fireplace pose a severe safety risk would be the last thing you want. For more information about chimney inspections and repairs, contact Ageless Chimney today. Call 516-795-1313 today if you need a chimney repair service that’s fast, reliable, and affordable!
Some information about Huntington, NY
The Town of Huntington is one of ten towns in Suffolk County, New York, United States. Founded in 1653, it is located on the north shore of Long Island in northwestern Suffolk County, with Long Island Sound to its north and Nassau County adjacent to the west. Huntington is part of the New York metropolitan area. As of the 2010 United States census, the town population was 203,264.
In 1653, three men from Oyster Bay, Richard Holbrook, Robert Williams and Daniel Whitehead, purchased a parcel of land from the Matinecock tribe. This parcel has since come to be known as the ‘First Purchase’ and included land bordered by Cold Spring Harbor on the west, Northport Harbor on the east, what is now known as Old Country Road to the south and Long Island Sound to the north. The three men immediately turned the land over to the settlers who had already been living there.
George Bradford Brainerd Street, 1907George Bradford Brainerd Street, ca. 1872–1887
From that initial settlement, Huntington grew over subsequent years to include all of the land presently comprising the modern Towns of Huntington and Babylon. The southern part of the town was formally separated to create Babylon in 1872.
Because Huntington was populated largely by English settlers, unlike the rest of the New Amsterdam colony, the town voted in 1660 to become part of the Connecticut colony rather than remain under the authority of New Amsterdam. It was not until the British gained control of New Amsterdam in 1664 (renaming it New York) that Huntington was formally restored to the jurisdiction of New York.
Directions from Huntington, NY to Ageless Chimney
Here are some chimney-related links:
- Chimney Safety Institute of America
- Chimney Safety Institute of America