Chimney Repair in New York 11930
Ageless Chimney: New York Chimney Repair Specialists
Ageless Chimney is the first company property owner in New York to call for chimney repair services. We specialize in all aspects of chimney maintenance, including repair, and have more than a decade of experience.
When the weather outside is frightful, warming up in front of a roaring fire is delightful. But what’s supposed to be an enjoyable experience can be extremely dangerous if your New York chimney is damaged. A chimney is an essential component of a fireplace or a wood-burning stove. Without it, the by-products of a fire would have no way to vacate your home, which could lead to serious trouble. Toxic smoke would fill your house and there would be a serious risk of fire.
While a chimney is supposed to vent heat, smoke, carbon dioxide, and other products of combustion, if the structure is damaged in any way, it doesn’t function properly A damaged chimney is a dangerous chimney. It can’t vent a fire’s by-products, so every time you light a fire, you are putting yourself and anyone else around the fire in serious danger.
The Importance of Chimney Repair
Damaged chimneys are one of the leading causes of house fires in the United States. Each year, countless properties go up in flames as a result of an improperly functioning chimney. One of the main functions of the structure is to prevent excess heat from building up inside the home. If the chimney is cracked or otherwise damaged, heat can leak into the walls that surround it. Heat buildup can damage the structural integrity of the walls and the chimney; it also increases the risk of fire.
Fire isn’t the only cause for concern; exposure to dangerous gases is another that’s associated with a damaged chimney. Fire produces several types of gasses, including carbon monoxide. This colorless, odorless gas is highly toxic. If there are cracks in the structure or the flue is damaged, instead of venting out of your house, the gasses could end up pouring in. Breathing in those toxic fumes is a serious health hazard and can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning, which can result in serious illness and even death.
Because of these severe, potentially life-threatening effects, early detection, and repair of any type of chimney damage is crucial.
Common Types of Chimney Damage
While chimneys are generally durable, they can sustain damage. Exposure to high heat, smoke, and other elements, such as creosote and moisture, can degrade the various components of the structure. Some of the most common types of chimney damage include:
· Damaged mortar. Most chimneys are made of masonry materials, like a brick. Mortar is the glue that holds masonry materials together. Heat, smoke, and exterior elements, like wind and rain, can lead to cracks in the mortar. Mortar damage increases the risk of moisture penetration, which can weaken the entire structure and increase the risk of collapse.
· Flue damage. A flue lines a chimney and protects the structure from high heat and dangerous gases. A damaged flue is a serious problem that can lead to severe consequences.
· Damaged or missing crowns. The crown protects a chimney from the exterior elements. It prevents debris from entering the shaft. If it’s damaged or missing, sticks, dirt, leaves, and even animals can enter the structure, resulting in dangerous blockages.
How to Avoid the Effects of Chimney Damage
Regular inspections and routine maintenance are the best way to avoid chimney damage and the devastating effects that it can cause. If your property near you has a chimney, schedules yearly cleanings, and pays attention to any of the signs of disrepair; crumbling mortar, and the accumulation of tiles in your fireplace, for example. If you spot any signs of trouble, contact a reputable chimney repair specialist as soon as possible. If you aren’t sure how to spot the signs of damage, have an experienced company assess it for you.
Chimney Inspections and Repairs with Ageless Chimney
Ageless Chimney, a premier New York chimney company, specializes in all types of chimney care. Our team of highly trained technicians will perform routine assessments of your chimney to ensure it is in proper working order; we’ll thoroughly clean it for you, too. If during the inspection, we notice any signs of damage, we will provide you with a detailed report, including the necessary repairs that need to be done in order to correct the problems.
Our crew performs all types of chimney repairs, including:
· Liner repairs and replacements
· Mortar repairs, including full repointing and complete rebuilding
· Moisture inspection, detection, and correction
· Draft inspection, detection, and correction
· Inspection and removal of all obstructions, including nests and animals
· Firebox repairs and installations
· Damper repairs and installations
· Crown repairs and replacements
We use the highest quality equipment and the most advanced strategies to detect, inspect, and correct chimney damage. With Ageless Chimney, you can be sure that your chimney care and repair will be in the very best of hands.
For All Your Chimney Repair Needs, Contact Ageless Chimney Repair
In your home, a fireplace is one of the most enjoyable features, but if the chimney is damaged, it can become a very dangerous feature. Do not put yourself or anyone else in harm’s way; schedule a chimney inspection and repair with Ageless Chimney today. For more information about our New York chimney repair services or to schedule an inspection, please call 516-795-1313. Our top priority is always your safety.
Directions from New York to Ageless Chimney
Here are some chimney-related links: