- Gene T.- Yelp
Made an appointment 2 weeks in advance to have them look at my chimney Between 8-10. (I have to leave for work at 10:30.)
Charlie calls at 9:50 telling me he'll be there in 45 minutes. They are not reliable. They cannot be counted on to keep their word and it is probably reflected in their work. I would not consider hiring them. They treat people like garbage.Adrienne Testa
Honest, professional and willing to answer question. I took a shot with this company, when I sought help for what I thought was a chimney problem. They came checked out my heating , hot water systems and
chimney. I was relieved there was no problem and happily surprised when there was no charge. Anyone needing a reliable, honest and professional chimney company can rest assure you have found them with this company.
- steven orandello
I had this company come by and fix my chimney. The owner Bobby is a great guy. I saw some of his videos on Facebook and decided to give them a call and I am glad I did. The last gut did a horrible job the chimney was falling in.
The job came out great. If you need any masonry work done. I would definitely give them a call first. I don't think you will be disappointed . ThanksBob Alarcon
I am truly satisfied. I have not used my fireplace for 4-5 years. The hamper was rusted. I called 3 companies for an estimate. 2 came in and said it would cost $450-$500. Ageless came in and first tried spraying WD40. It worked! And they didn't even charge me. I highly recommend this company.
- Nick C.- Yelp
I can't say enough about this company. They gave us a reasonably priced estimate and were on time with the estimate and with the appointment. They worked on my chimney on a cold snowy morning and were very pleasant to deal with. I am very happy with the job they performed. Would recommend this trust worthy company to anyone looking for work on their chimney.Paul P.- Yelp
We called Ageless Chimney because we were not happy with the company we had used previously. They were terrific -- turned up on time, showed us pictures/videos of the work that needed doing (and more pictures after they had done it), and offered good prices. Christian and Bob came back to do the work that we needed on a Saturday, and they were extremely professional and efficient, did a great job, and cleaned up after themselves.
- Laura G.- Yelp
RIPOFF ALERT!!!!They quoted me one price over the phone, then, after the job was done, they added quite an extra charges.When I questioned the extra charge,the gentleman just kept on repeating the extra charge verbally..... and also, charged me $200 for " point work" which took all of 5 minutes....... and he acted like he was doing me a big favor by charging $200..... steer clear of Ageless Chimney unless you enjoy being RIPPED OFF
- Stacey B.- Yelp
Would highly recommend this company. They had excellent customer service! From the beginning phone call with Cheryl the receptionist to the workers Keith and Kyle that installed a stainless steel chimney liner today. This company was a pleasure to deal with, fast, had great prices, meticulous work, and highly recommended:)
- Lorraine G.- Yelp
First let me start off my saying Charlie was very nice during the consult and then when him and his crew came back to do the job, the Chimney looked great. Second, I didn't notice at the time when the chimney was completed that both gutters needed to be replaced due to the cement that was used to fixed the chimney. When we contacted Ageless Chimney in regards to this matter, Christian (who was with Charlie during the repairs) came out and stated that he would replace the gutters as long as we got the materials. It took about a month for Christian to come out because according to him this was a favor. For the money that the company asked for the repair once they crew noticed there was an issued w/the gutters they should have notified the home owners and then allow the home owners to decide if they wanted to replace the gutters. Christian arrived today with a NASTY ATTITUDE. When he finished I asked him why did he only replace one of the two gutters, he stated this was a conversation he previously had with my Mom, that one of the gutters would be replaced and that he is not coming back to place the other gutter.
I would not advise ANYBODY to use this company, it starts off good they do half the work, take your money and the moment there is a issue w/the repairs the repair men are NASTY INDIVIDUALS. My family and I WORK HARD FOR OUR MONEY AND DO NOT APPRECIATE THE SELFISHNESS OF THIS BUSINESS.
Thank you.Lisa D.- Yelp
Everything about this company was very professional beginning with the friendly receptionist in the office. She scheduled to have someone come out for an estimate a few days after my call. Someone called to confirm the appt a couple of days prior. Charlie and Terry showed up early (could it get any better?!) and my parents felt so comfortable with their ability to complete the work, they had them just take care of it on the spot! Everyone I interacted with on this repair was so pleasant and friendly! Would not hesitate to use them again or to recommend to others.
- Robert Katz
Ageless chimney answered the phone on the first ring and was able to come to my home to Fix a carbon monoxide leak the same day. They installed a stainless steel chimney liner to keep me and my family safe from carbon monoxide. I would recommend them to all my friends and family!
- Ivy C.- Yelp
These guys cleaned our chimney, fixed issues we were having with it (we just bought the house) and showed us how to use the thing a la Boy Scouts style (our first home and first fireplace), which obviously was above and beyond. Their employees were helpful, professional, and quick. In and out of my house in no time. Very likeable staff and reasonable prices. Definitely will use again and recommend to others.
- Roberta R.- Yelp
We just had Ageless Chimney replace our chimney liner. They were very professional from the original inspection/quote process to setting the date/time for the job to completion. The men worked very neatly and when they left the place was spotless. And another plus, they guys were very pleasant!! I would definitely recommend Ageless Chimney!
- Christian G.- Yelp
My chimney recently got damaged by superstorm sandy. I gave ageless chimney a call after their website provided me with great information. The owner Bob came to my house the same week. They were able to rebuild and fix my chimney so I could use heat and hot water. I was so impressed with the way the company was efficient and clean. Highly recommend them!
For Efficient and Affordable Gas Fireplace Repair in Grymes Hill, NY, Contact Ageless Chimney
Do you live in the Grymes Hill, NY area? Have you been looking for gas fireplace repair near me that’s both efficient and affordable? Have your search results led you nowhere? If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, then you’re in the right place! As a leading Richmond County fireplace repair company, you can count on Ageless chimney to handle all of your needs for a price that you can truly afford. From pilot light issues to thermocouple problems, with gas fireplace repair service from Ageless Chimney, you can have confidence knowing that you’ll receive the best results possible. When it comes to fireplace restoration in Grymes Hill, NY, we’ve got you covered!
Whether you use it for warmth or ambiance, a gas fireplace is a fantastic feature in your Grymes Hill home. You don’t have to struggle with trying to light a fire, constantly add logs, or cleaning up the mess that wood-burning fireplaces leave behind. With the flip of a switch, you have instant fire! Plus, gas fireplaces are safer, more eco-friendly, and more cost-effective than traditional wood-burning fireplaces.
While gas fireplaces certainly offer a number of benefits, they aren’t problem-free. A gas fireplace can experience a number of issues, and when it does, you need to call in the help of an expert.
Signs Your Gas Fireplace Needs to be Repaired
The following are telltale signs that something’s amiss with your gas fireplace:
- Discolored glass. If your fireplace is functioning properly, the flames should be clearly visible through the glass that surrounds it. If the glass is discolored, that’s a sign of excessive soot buildup. One of the major benefits of gas fireplaces is the minimal soot they produce; however, they can produce excessive amounts of soot, and when they do, the glass becomes foggy or develops black patches. There are a number of reasons why soot buildup can occur: the logs may be too close to the glass, there could be an airflow problem, or the ports could be clogged, for example.
- An odd odor. If your gas fireplace is new, you might notice some odor the first few times you light it. This odor is known as off-gassing and it occurs as a result of chemicals that were applied during construction, such as paint. This “new fireplace” smell is normal and harmless, and after you light a few fires, it should burn off. If, however, your gas fireplace – new or old – is producing a strange rotten egg-like smell, there may be a gas leak. Since natural gas is completely odorless, mercaptan, an organic substance that is comprised of a combination of sulfur, hydrogen, and carbon. Mercaptan produces an unmistakable rotten egg odor, which is why it’s added to gas, as it makes the colorless and odorless substance detectable. If you notice the smell of rotten eggs coming from your gas fireplace, chances are you have a gas leak. It goes without saying that gas leaks are extremely dangerous, so if you detect a rotten egg smell, immediately turn off the fireplace call your gas supplier and a professional technician right away.
- Pilot light problems. Just like a boiler, a gas fireplace features a pilot light to supply the gas that’s needed for combustion. If the pilot light keeps shutting off, something is definitely awry. Typically, the problem is associated with the thermocouple, which covers the pilot light when the gas is turned off to prevent it from leaking. If the fire shuts off or the flames aren’t as high as they usually are, the thermocouple may be damaged or it could be covered in soot. Pilot light issues could also be linked to bad wiring, which you should never attempt to correct on your own.
- Strange sounds. Even when they’re operating properly, gas fireplaces do make some degree of noise; however, if you notice any sounds that seem different than usual – rumbling, roaring, shrieking, or grinding, for example – you should arrange to have it checked out by a professional.
If you are experiencing any of the above-mentioned issues, contact a reputable Richmond County fireplace repair service, like Ageless Chimney, as soon as possible.
Gas Fireplace Repair from Ageless Chimney
If you’ve been searching for fireplace repair near me, look no further than Ageless Chimney! Our highly trained technicians have the knowledge and experience that are needed to fully assess your gas fireplace and the necessary tools to accurately detect and properly correct any issues. We’ll check all of the working components, including the ports, ventilation, pilot light, fan, logs, and flue; we’ll also assess the heat output.
Once we’ve identified the problem, we’ll make the repairs that are required quickly and affordably so you can get back to enjoying all of the benefits that a gas fireplace offers. If your fireplace is in need of cleaning, we can take care of that for you, too! Our crew will clean the logs, glass, and firebox to remove any dust, dirt, and debris that has accumulated.
We’ll take great care to protect all of the surrounding surfaces of your home while we work to prevent the spread of debris. When we’re finished, we’ll leave nothing behind but a properly functioning and beautiful fireplace.
With Ageless Chimney, Your Search for the Best Fireplace Technician Near Me is Over!
With an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and as the recipient of the coveted Angie’s List Super Service Award, our fully licensed, insured, and bonded fireplace repair company is regarded as one of the best fireplace repair services in the Richmond County area.
Find out for yourself why so many Grymes Hill, NY homeowners count on us for their gas fireplace repair needs. Call 516-795-1313 for a free estimate or to schedule an appointment to have your gas fireplace inspected and repaired. At Ageless Chimney, we do fireplace repairs right!
- Learn more about Grymes Hill, NY 10304
- Open a Grymes Hill, NY map
- Find the Grymes Hill, NY United States Post Office
- Locate nearby Grymes Hill, NY pharmacies
- View the current Grymes Hill, NY weather report
- Browse a list of Grymes Hill, NY public and private schools
- Grymes Hill, NY is located in Richmond county in New York State