- Vanessa P.- Yelp
Called Ageless Chimney to get a free estimate on our damaged and old chimney. They were very knowledgeable and helpful with our chimney issues. The guys showed up and really took care of business. We had the upper portion of our chimney rebuilt and it looks amazing. Very clean job. We also had the metal chimney liner put in and now we don't have to worry about the old terra cotta lining. Bobby and the guys at Ageless Chimney are professional, knowledgeable, clean and on point. Highly recommend.
- Joseph Sorce
Bobby and Sherwood came to our house in Massapequa after my wife and I had been dealing with a leaking chimney for weeks. After providing us with a reasonable estimate they performed the work the following day and our chimney has not had a leak since through several storms. Would definitely recommend them to family and friends.
- Doug D.- Yelp
Bob and his staff were amazing. They came on time did all the work mentioned and were so clean you would not even know they were there. All the workers were very good and perfectionists. They explained everything they were doing. They fixed our chimney and front stoop. Their prices were very reasonable. I highly recommend them.Paul P.- Yelp
We called Ageless Chimney because we were not happy with the company we had used previously. They were terrific -- turned up on time, showed us pictures/videos of the work that needed doing (and more pictures after they had done it), and offered good prices. Christian and Bob came back to do the work that we needed on a Saturday, and they were extremely professional and efficient, did a great job, and cleaned up after themselves.
- Alex B.- Yelp
I had several reviews for a cap, new lining and a cleaning. Keith gave us a thorough overview of the work needed and gave us the confidence that the work would be done in a timely and clean fashion. We were not disappointed. I would use them in the future. They are proud of their work and left us with a pristine job. I highly recommend them.
- Samsung 467
Never again will I look elsewhere for a good chimney service! Sherwood Adams was at my location of residence within 15 minutes of me calling them! He assessed the leak I had in my chimney and had it repaired fast! This is the sort of real all American chimney repair company we've all been waiting for on Long island!Gina C.- Yelp
I had called Ageless Chimney because we had a leak into our attic from the chimney. We were unsure if the roof or chimney flashing was the problem. They set me up with an appointment for a one hour window and confirmed the day before. The guys got here on time. Charlie was professional and gave us a reasonable estimate and told us what the problem was. He was able to fix it right then and there! It stopped our leak! Thanks guys!
- Joseph S.- Yelp
I was having a boiler installed and my boiler guy said that we need somebody to clean out the chimney before he starts the boiler up so last minute I was scrambling around trying to find somebody who could get there within the next few hours. I call these guys and they were able to come within a couple of hours and clean out my chimney but they ran into was a clogged chimney with the clay falling apart clogging my chimney so these guys are put in an insert and a cap while it was dark out. Got my boiler running cuz it was like 30 degrees out here in New York and was able to get heat that night if it wasn't for these guys I don't know what I would have done thank you guys you're the best highly recommendedNoah Rosenthal
My neighbors actually comment at how great my chimney looks. The guys at ageless are literally the only people I would trust to fix chimneys, and roofs too. They’re stand up guys. They could easily charge more for their work, but believe in being fair. They’re about to do my entire roof, and I didn’t even bother getting additional estimates. I trust Sherwood, Bobby and the rest of the crew implicitly. If you don’t use ageless for chimney or roof repairs, you will regret it. Thanks again guys and see you soon!!!
- Lorraine G.- Yelp
First let me start off my saying Charlie was very nice during the consult and then when him and his crew came back to do the job, the Chimney looked great. Second, I didn't notice at the time when the chimney was completed that both gutters needed to be replaced due to the cement that was used to fixed the chimney. When we contacted Ageless Chimney in regards to this matter, Christian (who was with Charlie during the repairs) came out and stated that he would replace the gutters as long as we got the materials. It took about a month for Christian to come out because according to him this was a favor. For the money that the company asked for the repair once they crew noticed there was an issued w/the gutters they should have notified the home owners and then allow the home owners to decide if they wanted to replace the gutters. Christian arrived today with a NASTY ATTITUDE. When he finished I asked him why did he only replace one of the two gutters, he stated this was a conversation he previously had with my Mom, that one of the gutters would be replaced and that he is not coming back to place the other gutter.
I would not advise ANYBODY to use this company, it starts off good they do half the work, take your money and the moment there is a issue w/the repairs the repair men are NASTY INDIVIDUALS. My family and I WORK HARD FOR OUR MONEY AND DO NOT APPRECIATE THE SELFISHNESS OF THIS BUSINESS.
Thank you.Cheryl Hirsch
I called this company because my boiler kept shutting and my oil guy said it was the chimney. My neighbor recommended Ageless Chimney to me so I checked their website and thought they looked pretty good. They came on time and explained that I had a blockage. They cleaned it out and it was not expensive. The owners themselves came and they were neat and professional and very nice.I would recommend this company.
For Efficient and Affordable Gas Fireplace Repair in Hunters Point, NY, Contact Ageless Chimney
Do you live in the Hunters Point, NY area? Have you been looking for gas fireplace repair near me that’s both efficient and affordable? Have your search results led you nowhere? If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, then you’re in the right place! As a leading Queens County fireplace repair company, you can count on Ageless chimney to handle all of your needs for a price that you can truly afford. From pilot light issues to thermocouple problems, with gas fireplace repair service from Ageless Chimney, you can have confidence knowing that you’ll receive the best results possible. When it comes to fireplace restoration in Hunters Point, NY, we’ve got you covered!
Whether you use it for warmth or ambiance, a gas fireplace is a fantastic feature in your Hunters Point home. You don’t have to struggle with trying to light a fire, constantly add logs, or cleaning up the mess that wood-burning fireplaces leave behind. With the flip of a switch, you have instant fire! Plus, gas fireplaces are safer, more eco-friendly, and more cost-effective than traditional wood-burning fireplaces.
While gas fireplaces certainly offer a number of benefits, they aren’t problem-free. A gas fireplace can experience a number of issues, and when it does, you need to call in the help of an expert.
Signs Your Gas Fireplace Needs to be Repaired
The following are telltale signs that something’s amiss with your gas fireplace:
- Discolored glass. If your fireplace is functioning properly, the flames should be clearly visible through the glass that surrounds it. If the glass is discolored, that’s a sign of excessive soot buildup. One of the major benefits of gas fireplaces is the minimal soot they produce; however, they can produce excessive amounts of soot, and when they do, the glass becomes foggy or develops black patches. There are a number of reasons why soot buildup can occur: the logs may be too close to the glass, there could be an airflow problem, or the ports could be clogged, for example.
- An odd odor. If your gas fireplace is new, you might notice some odor the first few times you light it. This odor is known as off-gassing and it occurs as a result of chemicals that were applied during construction, such as paint. This “new fireplace” smell is normal and harmless, and after you light a few fires, it should burn off. If, however, your gas fireplace – new or old – is producing a strange rotten egg-like smell, there may be a gas leak. Since natural gas is completely odorless, mercaptan, an organic substance that is comprised of a combination of sulfur, hydrogen, and carbon. Mercaptan produces an unmistakable rotten egg odor, which is why it’s added to gas, as it makes the colorless and odorless substance detectable. If you notice the smell of rotten eggs coming from your gas fireplace, chances are you have a gas leak. It goes without saying that gas leaks are extremely dangerous, so if you detect a rotten egg smell, immediately turn off the fireplace call your gas supplier and a professional technician right away.
- Pilot light problems. Just like a boiler, a gas fireplace features a pilot light to supply the gas that’s needed for combustion. If the pilot light keeps shutting off, something is definitely awry. Typically, the problem is associated with the thermocouple, which covers the pilot light when the gas is turned off to prevent it from leaking. If the fire shuts off or the flames aren’t as high as they usually are, the thermocouple may be damaged or it could be covered in soot. Pilot light issues could also be linked to bad wiring, which you should never attempt to correct on your own.
- Strange sounds. Even when they’re operating properly, gas fireplaces do make some degree of noise; however, if you notice any sounds that seem different than usual – rumbling, roaring, shrieking, or grinding, for example – you should arrange to have it checked out by a professional.
If you are experiencing any of the above-mentioned issues, contact a reputable Queens County fireplace repair service, like Ageless Chimney, as soon as possible.
Gas Fireplace Repair from Ageless Chimney
If you’ve been searching for fireplace repair near me, look no further than Ageless Chimney! Our highly trained technicians have the knowledge and experience that are needed to fully assess your gas fireplace and the necessary tools to accurately detect and properly correct any issues. We’ll check all of the working components, including the ports, ventilation, pilot light, fan, logs, and flue; we’ll also assess the heat output.
Once we’ve identified the problem, we’ll make the repairs that are required quickly and affordably so you can get back to enjoying all of the benefits that a gas fireplace offers. If your fireplace is in need of cleaning, we can take care of that for you, too! Our crew will clean the logs, glass, and firebox to remove any dust, dirt, and debris that has accumulated.
We’ll take great care to protect all of the surrounding surfaces of your home while we work to prevent the spread of debris. When we’re finished, we’ll leave nothing behind but a properly functioning and beautiful fireplace.
With Ageless Chimney, Your Search for the Best Fireplace Technician Near Me is Over!
With an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and as the recipient of the coveted Angie’s List Super Service Award, our fully licensed, insured, and bonded fireplace repair company is regarded as one of the best fireplace repair services in the Queens County area.
Find out for yourself why so many Hunters Point, NY homeowners count on us for their gas fireplace repair needs. Call 516-795-1313 for a free estimate or to schedule an appointment to have your gas fireplace inspected and repaired. At Ageless Chimney, we do fireplace repairs right!
- Learn more about Hunters Point, NY 11120 11109
- Open a Hunters Point, NY map
- Find the Hunters Point, NY United States Post Office
- Locate nearby Hunters Point, NY pharmacies
- View the current Hunters Point, NY weather report
- Browse a list of Hunters Point, NY public and private schools
- Hunters Point, NY is located in Queens county in New York State