- Steven F.- Yelp
Very Impressed! Showed up on time, gave me a great warranty and worked their A...... off on my 90 year old chimney. I really liked the fact that the owner of the company was involved in every step of the job. I am a licensed home inspector and would highly recommend ageless chimney to any and all of my clients.
- Christian G.- Yelp
My chimney recently got damaged by superstorm sandy. I gave ageless chimney a call after their website provided me with great information. The owner Bob came to my house the same week. They were able to rebuild and fix my chimney so I could use heat and hot water. I was so impressed with the way the company was efficient and clean. Highly recommend them!
- Frank C.- Yelp
This contractor is legit. Right from the phone call to the installation. The receptionist scheduled someone to come out and called me to let me know they were on there way. Bobby arrived on time, with his crew, and provided me with a full explanation of what needed to be done, what materials he uses, all the material specifications, how the chimney liner installation was to be done, cost and warranty. He was neat and clean and made sure I was satisfied throughout each step of the installation.
As an Engineer, I expect someone who is knowledgeable, experienced, affordable (within reason), and can produce good quality work. Bobby from Ageless Chimney met all those qualities and deserves this review.Joseph S.- Yelp
I was having a boiler installed and my boiler guy said that we need somebody to clean out the chimney before he starts the boiler up so last minute I was scrambling around trying to find somebody who could get there within the next few hours. I call these guys and they were able to come within a couple of hours and clean out my chimney but they ran into was a clogged chimney with the clay falling apart clogging my chimney so these guys are put in an insert and a cap while it was dark out. Got my boiler running cuz it was like 30 degrees out here in New York and was able to get heat that night if it wasn't for these guys I don't know what I would have done thank you guys you're the best highly recommended
- Daniel L.- Yelp
I had another chimney company come over to inspect my chimney on my new home. I felt like the guy was jerking me around and he was a kind of shady. I researched some other companies and got a recommendation from my cousin to use Ageless. I dealt with Sherwood who was excellent and a true professional. He gave me an honest quote and showed me the work he was going to do and even got me up on the roof to point out somethings. Himself and partner did great work and I'm very happy with my choice. I highly recommend using Ageless Chimney.
- Julian B.- Yelp
A must hire. I have yet to see this level of commitment to achieve customer satisfaction and dedication to one's craft. I deliberately took over a year to write this because I wanted to make sure my issue was resolved. I had a leak around my chimney that was difficult to remedy and water was coming into my attic. Generally speaking, my chimney and flashing were in good condition according to several experts, and many couldn't understand why I was having leaks. A wide range of options were presented by different vendors as well as pricing. Ageless recommended repointing the chimney, so I agreed and the price was reasonable. After they finished the job, and after a hard rain, I saw that I was still having leaks. I called Ageless, and they came back to remedy the issue. About a month later, I was still having issues. I called Ageless again, and they came back a third time.Long story short, this project started in late 2017. These guys came back at least 5 times (no additional cost) over the course of 9 months and threw the kitchen sink at this (why a sink at a chimney? I don't know). They were fixing things that were out of original scope and around the chimney under pretense that water was traveling and entering my attic from unobservable areas. This additional work was at no additional cost as well and I approved all work. They even repointed the job a second time- no cost. All I know is that I met the entire team over the course of 9 months. All three gentlemen are cordial and knowledgable and committed to solving your problem. Not once was frustration directed at me. Unless they have zero overhead costs, I'd be surprised if they broke even on this job. I'm writing this because you want to see guys like this be successful. Hire them.Scott M. Rosenberg
Very professional. I thought our chimney was clogged, and called hoping they could come out the same day. They were at my house a few hours later, and had called to give an updated ETA which was great because I work nearby and was able to run home to meet them. The guy that came out (Sherwood) was friendly, explained everything to me, worked quickly and overall did an excellent job. I hope I don't have more chimney issues anytime soon, but if I do I'll be calling Ageless again.
- Stacey B.- Yelp
Would highly recommend this company. They had excellent customer service! From the beginning phone call with Cheryl the receptionist to the workers Keith and Kyle that installed a stainless steel chimney liner today. This company was a pleasure to deal with, fast, had great prices, meticulous work, and highly recommended:)Libby L.- Yelp
Mike, Greg, and Danielle were wonderfully helpful! They were super responsive. Danielle was very organized and helped me schedule ASAP. Greg and his colleague arrived on time. They were very professional and kind. They took the time to explain everything to me. Mike (the owner) was also very nice and professional when we spoke on the phone. I would highly recommend Ageless Chimney.
- Isabel F.- Yelp
Our oil company came to do the annual boiler cleaning and said there was a nest in the chimney. I had their recommended chimney company come for an estimate and they said we needed a new liner and brickwork (we have a very old house so I wasn't surprised), but their price seemed high. I'm usually wary about calling a company without a personal recommendation, but I called Ageless based on their on-line reviews and couldn't be happier. Their price was considerably less than we were quoted by the first company. They arrived on time, were able to do the work same day and were done in about an hour. The guys were very professional and everything was clean when they left. Don't be surprised if you see this same review on other web sites - I'm very happy to recommend this company!Kevin F.- Yelp
Had Ageless come back to give me an estimate on a new bluestone stoop and a new walkway from pavers. The owner Bob came over and he has a way of making you feel comfortable. The price was almost what I had expected. Within a few weeks they had all their materials and started their work. They were neat and efficient which is what I am looking for when hiring a contractor. We couldn't be happier with how the stoop came out and it gave our house the curb appeal that it needed.
- Robert Katz
Ageless chimney answered the phone on the first ring and was able to come to my home to Fix a carbon monoxide leak the same day. They installed a stainless steel chimney liner to keep me and my family safe from carbon monoxide. I would recommend them to all my friends and family!
- Ivy C.- Yelp
These guys cleaned our chimney, fixed issues we were having with it (we just bought the house) and showed us how to use the thing a la Boy Scouts style (our first home and first fireplace), which obviously was above and beyond. Their employees were helpful, professional, and quick. In and out of my house in no time. Very likeable staff and reasonable prices. Definitely will use again and recommend to others.
Looking for Gas Fireplace Repair Near Me? Contact Ageless Chimney!
Ageless Chimney is a top-rated chimney repair and maintenance company in New York County, but we do more than just chimneys; we also specialize in fireplace repair and fireplace restoration. While a clean and properly functioning chimney is a vital part of safe fireplace operation, most companies in the Stuyvesant Park/Manhattan area neglect to care for the fireplace itself. It doesn’t matter how clean your chimney is if your fireplace is in disrepair; that’s why, at Ageless Chimney, we offer services that focus on the fireplace, too! If you’re in need of wood-burning or gas fireplace repair or maintenance, contact our team of experts today!
Signs You Should Look for Gas Fireplace Repair Near Me
There’s nothing better than a fireplace; it offers wonderful warmth, creates an inviting atmosphere, and adds visual interest to your home. If you’re fortunate enough to own a gas fireplace, you’re really in luck! With just the flip of a switch, you have instant access to the warm glow of a fire… However, just like any other component in your home, a gas fireplace needs to be properly maintained and can sustain damage.
How can you tell when your gas fireplace is in need of repair? The following signs indicate that you need to start looking for professional gas fireplace repair:
- Fire problems. If your fire keeps going out when the switch is turned on or if the blaze seems to be smaller than it usually is, there are a number of issues that could be to blame, including problems with the pilot light, the thermocouple, the thermopile, or the electrical wires.
- A rotten egg smell. If you notice a smell that’s similar to rotten eggs coming from your fireplace, turn it off immediately and contact your gas provider and a fireplace repair service! A rotten egg smell is a sign of a gas leak, which has the potential to be extremely dangerous.
- Soot buildup. If you notice a buildup of soot in your gas fireplace, something is definitely awry; for example, there may be an airflow problem or your too much fuel may be entering the firebox.
- Odd sounds. You can expect to hear some degree of noise when your gas fireplace is turned on; however, if you notice any abnormal sounds, such as whirring, hissing, or gargling, there’s a definite underlying problem that needs to be addressed by a professional.
If your gas fireplace is showing any of the above-mentioned signs, contacting a professional fireplace repair company is highly recommended. A licensed and experienced professional will be able to identify the problem and make the repairs that are necessary to restore the function and the safety of your fireplace.
How to Find a Gas Fireplace Repair Company?
If you live in the Stuyvesant Park/Manhattan, NY area and you’re in need of the services of a company that provides repairs for gas fireplaces, you want to make sure that you choose a reputable professional. How can you do that? One option is to type search queries like “gas fireplace repair near me” or “fireplace repair near me” into your internet browser; however, it’s likely that you’re going to get a lot of results. You don’t want to select the first company you find; you want to ensure you choose the best. How can you do that? Here are some tips to consider:
- Browse the services. Take a look at the websites of prospective fireplace repair companies. Read through the services they provide to ensure that they specialize in gas fireplaces, as many Stuyvesant Park/Manhattan companies only work on wood-burning fireplaces.
- Consider reputation. Reputation says a lot about the type of service you can expect to receive. Look for testimonials on the websites of gas fireplace repair companies. Check out reputable review sites, such as Angie’s List and Home Advisor, to see what other clients have to say about their experience.
- Credentials are important. A reputable fireplace repair company will be fully licensed, insured, and bonded. These credentials certify that the company has received the necessary training to repair fireplaces and has the necessary protections in place to prevent you from being financially responsible if any mishaps arise.
- Consider the price. It goes without saying that you want to get a good price on your fireplace repair; however, you shouldn’t base your decision on cost alone. While it might be tempting to choose a company that offers the lowest prices, it’s likely that you’ll get what you pay for, and when it comes to fireplace repair, you really don’t want to run the risk of subpar results. With that said, you also shouldn’t assume that a company that charges high rates offers higher rates will offer better results.
Ageless Chimney: A Leading Stuyvesant Park/Manhattan Fireplace Repair Service
While the aforementioned tips can certainly help you find a reputable New York County gas fireplace repair company, instead of worrying about the hassle of sifting through all of the results you’ll receive when you search “fireplace technician near me”, contact Ageless Chimney from the start!
As a leading fireplace repair company that specializes in gas fireplaces, we’ve been maintaining and reconstructing the fireplaces of Stuyvesant Park/Manhattan, NY homeowners for more than 10 years. Offering a complete range of services and using the highest quality tools and proven techniques and strategies, we’ll make sure that your gas fireplace is working safely and properly in no time. What’s more, we’ll charge you the most affordable rates possible.
- Learn more about Stuyvesant Park/Manhattan, NY 10010
- Open a Stuyvesant Park/Manhattan, NY map
- Find the Stuyvesant Park/Manhattan, NY United States Post Office
- Locate nearby Stuyvesant Park/Manhattan, NY pharmacies
- View the current Stuyvesant Park/Manhattan, NY weather report
- Browse a list of Stuyvesant Park/Manhattan, NY public and private schools
- Stuyvesant Park/Manhattan, NY is located in New York county in New York State