- Nick C.- Yelp
I can't say enough about this company. They gave us a reasonably priced estimate and were on time with the estimate and with the appointment. They worked on my chimney on a cold snowy morning and were very pleasant to deal with. I am very happy with the job they performed. Would recommend this trust worthy company to anyone looking for work on their chimney.Frank C.- Yelp
This contractor is legit. Right from the phone call to the installation. The receptionist scheduled someone to come out and called me to let me know they were on there way. Bobby arrived on time, with his crew, and provided me with a full explanation of what needed to be done, what materials he uses, all the material specifications, how the chimney liner installation was to be done, cost and warranty. He was neat and clean and made sure I was satisfied throughout each step of the installation.
As an Engineer, I expect someone who is knowledgeable, experienced, affordable (within reason), and can produce good quality work. Bobby from Ageless Chimney met all those qualities and deserves this review.
- Jackie C.- Yelp
Professional, quick and informative! We needed a chimney cleaning and after reviewing a few companies we went with Ageless and I am SO glad that we did! They were on time as scheduled, quick, clean and they even took the time to explain to us (first time fireplace users) how to use it. Very professional and would recommend them in an instant!
- Gina C.- Yelp
I had called Ageless Chimney because we had a leak into our attic from the chimney. We were unsure if the roof or chimney flashing was the problem. They set me up with an appointment for a one hour window and confirmed the day before. The guys got here on time. Charlie was professional and gave us a reasonable estimate and told us what the problem was. He was able to fix it right then and there! It stopped our leak! Thanks guys!
- Christian G.- Yelp
My chimney recently got damaged by superstorm sandy. I gave ageless chimney a call after their website provided me with great information. The owner Bob came to my house the same week. They were able to rebuild and fix my chimney so I could use heat and hot water. I was so impressed with the way the company was efficient and clean. Highly recommend them!
- Scott M. Rosenberg
Very professional. I thought our chimney was clogged, and called hoping they could come out the same day. They were at my house a few hours later, and had called to give an updated ETA which was great because I work nearby and was able to run home to meet them. The guy that came out (Sherwood) was friendly, explained everything to me, worked quickly and overall did an excellent job. I hope I don't have more chimney issues anytime soon, but if I do I'll be calling Ageless again.
- Gary R.- Yelp
What a horrible experience. They came to work on my chimney and the ladder falls on my S550 Mercedes Benz causing body damage and totally messing up my railings for the stoop and breaking my solar lights for the steps as well. They did not even mention the damage to my car I had to find out by watching the Vivint video. I called Charlie and he did arrange to have my car fixed and he paid for the damages. I had to pay for the lights to replace the ones that were broken and was never reimbursed. My steps are still loose from the ladder falling on them. I spoke with Bob the owner to let him know the railings for the steps were very loose and needed repair after waiting 6 weeks for Charlie to fix things. Charlie finally came and put the lights on that I had to buy on my own and I was not reimbursed. However the railings remain very loose and the advice I was given by Charlie was, "Just replace the rails. We could give you a good price. " My rails were perfectly fine before Ageless Chimney damaged them when the ladder fell. This caused damage to my rails, solar lights for the rails, solar lights for the garden, and my car. Bob the owner said he would come by to make it right but never did. My rail remains very loose, and I was never reimbursed for the lights. What a major inconvenience Ageless Chimney caused me. I will say the work done on the Chimney was good. I wish they were more professional as they came highly recommended. They acted like they were doing me a favor or I was inconveniencing them when I wanted things fixed. The nicest person was the receptionist on the phone. I will now have to pay to get my rails redone unfortunately due to their error of not securing their ladder. Unreal.
- Frank R.- Yelp
Called them to quote a paver project around a pool and replace an old wood deck as well --roughly 1,000 square (pavers plus bullnose). This is a $15k-$20k job. Sherwood came to the house, offered a couple ideas ---nothing we hadn't heard from other companies (we got 2 estimates and Ageless would have been the 3rd. He spent a half hour measuring and drawing and then said to give him a couple days and he was able to start sometime in June. Well it's now been 4 weeks and we still haven't gotten the estimate. Maybe the job was too small for them or maybe too big for them, I don't know. Maybe if I need my chimney swept, I'll try them again. I went with another company (from Levittown), both decks look amazing! Final price $17,100 after a couple add-on's.Doug D.- Yelp
Bob and his staff were amazing. They came on time did all the work mentioned and were so clean you would not even know they were there. All the workers were very good and perfectionists. They explained everything they were doing. They fixed our chimney and front stoop. Their prices were very reasonable. I highly recommend them.
- Steven F.- Yelp
Very Impressed! Showed up on time, gave me a great warranty and worked their A...... off on my 90 year old chimney. I really liked the fact that the owner of the company was involved in every step of the job. I am a licensed home inspector and would highly recommend ageless chimney to any and all of my clients.
Looking for Gas Fireplace Repair Near Me? Contact Ageless Chimney!
Ageless Chimney is a top-rated chimney repair and maintenance company in Richmond County, but we do more than just chimneys; we also specialize in fireplace repair and fireplace restoration. While a clean and properly functioning chimney is a vital part of safe fireplace operation, most companies in the Tottenville area neglect to care for the fireplace itself. It doesn’t matter how clean your chimney is if your fireplace is in disrepair; that’s why, at Ageless Chimney, we offer services that focus on the fireplace, too! If you’re in need of wood-burning or gas fireplace repair or maintenance, contact our team of experts today!
Signs You Should Look for Gas Fireplace Repair Near Me
There’s nothing better than a fireplace; it offers wonderful warmth, creates an inviting atmosphere, and adds visual interest to your home. If you’re fortunate enough to own a gas fireplace, you’re really in luck! With just the flip of a switch, you have instant access to the warm glow of a fire… However, just like any other component in your home, a gas fireplace needs to be properly maintained and can sustain damage.
How can you tell when your gas fireplace is in need of repair? The following signs indicate that you need to start looking for professional gas fireplace repair:
- Fire problems. If your fire keeps going out when the switch is turned on or if the blaze seems to be smaller than it usually is, there are a number of issues that could be to blame, including problems with the pilot light, the thermocouple, the thermopile, or the electrical wires.
- A rotten egg smell. If you notice a smell that’s similar to rotten eggs coming from your fireplace, turn it off immediately and contact your gas provider and a fireplace repair service! A rotten egg smell is a sign of a gas leak, which has the potential to be extremely dangerous.
- Soot buildup. If you notice a buildup of soot in your gas fireplace, something is definitely awry; for example, there may be an airflow problem or your too much fuel may be entering the firebox.
- Odd sounds. You can expect to hear some degree of noise when your gas fireplace is turned on; however, if you notice any abnormal sounds, such as whirring, hissing, or gargling, there’s a definite underlying problem that needs to be addressed by a professional.
If your gas fireplace is showing any of the above-mentioned signs, contacting a professional fireplace repair company is highly recommended. A licensed and experienced professional will be able to identify the problem and make the repairs that are necessary to restore the function and the safety of your fireplace.
How to Find a Gas Fireplace Repair Company?
If you live in the Tottenville, NY area and you’re in need of the services of a company that provides repairs for gas fireplaces, you want to make sure that you choose a reputable professional. How can you do that? One option is to type search queries like “gas fireplace repair near me” or “fireplace repair near me” into your internet browser; however, it’s likely that you’re going to get a lot of results. You don’t want to select the first company you find; you want to ensure you choose the best. How can you do that? Here are some tips to consider:
- Browse the services. Take a look at the websites of prospective fireplace repair companies. Read through the services they provide to ensure that they specialize in gas fireplaces, as many Tottenville companies only work on wood-burning fireplaces.
- Consider reputation. Reputation says a lot about the type of service you can expect to receive. Look for testimonials on the websites of gas fireplace repair companies. Check out reputable review sites, such as Angie’s List and Home Advisor, to see what other clients have to say about their experience.
- Credentials are important. A reputable fireplace repair company will be fully licensed, insured, and bonded. These credentials certify that the company has received the necessary training to repair fireplaces and has the necessary protections in place to prevent you from being financially responsible if any mishaps arise.
- Consider the price. It goes without saying that you want to get a good price on your fireplace repair; however, you shouldn’t base your decision on cost alone. While it might be tempting to choose a company that offers the lowest prices, it’s likely that you’ll get what you pay for, and when it comes to fireplace repair, you really don’t want to run the risk of subpar results. With that said, you also shouldn’t assume that a company that charges high rates offers higher rates will offer better results.
Ageless Chimney: A Leading Tottenville Fireplace Repair Service
While the aforementioned tips can certainly help you find a reputable Richmond County gas fireplace repair company, instead of worrying about the hassle of sifting through all of the results you’ll receive when you search “fireplace technician near me”, contact Ageless Chimney from the start!
As a leading fireplace repair company that specializes in gas fireplaces, we’ve been maintaining and reconstructing the fireplaces of Tottenville, NY homeowners for more than 10 years. Offering a complete range of services and using the highest quality tools and proven techniques and strategies, we’ll make sure that your gas fireplace is working safely and properly in no time. What’s more, we’ll charge you the most affordable rates possible.
- Learn more about Tottenville, NY 10307
- Open a Tottenville, NY map
- Find the Tottenville, NY United States Post Office
- Locate nearby Tottenville, NY pharmacies
- View the current Tottenville, NY weather report
- Browse a list of Tottenville, NY public and private schools
- Tottenville, NY is located in Richmond county in New York State