I have used ageless Chiminey for numerous jobs at my home, as well I have recommended them to numerous friends and family members. Very professional and thorough. Will absolutely use... read moreMichael Carbone
Thank you Sherwood and crew for your exceptional job & advice at my Bethpage home. Prompt, professional and honest service and now enjoying my fireplace again! Would definitely recommend to... read moreJenna K.
Would highly recommend this company. They had excellent customer service! From the beginning phone call with Cheryl the receptionist to the workers Keith and Kyle that installed a stainless steel... read moreStacey Blatt
Would highly recommend this company. They had excellent customer service! From the beginning phone call with Cheryl the receptionist to the workers Keith and Kyle that installed a stainless steel... read moreStacey B.
Everything about this company was very professional beginning with the friendly receptionist in the office. She scheduled to have someone come out for an estimate a few days after my... read moreLisa D.
Ageless Chimney Offers Complete Baldwin Harbor, NY Chimney Maintenance Services
Ageless Chimney is a full-service Nassau County chimney care company. For more than 10 years, our fully licensed and insured technicians have been maintaining and repairing the chimneys of homeowners throughout the area. Our fast, reliable, and affordable service, and our commitment to delivering exceptional customer service is the reason why we have become one of the most highly regarded chimney service companies.
There’s nothing more relaxing than sitting back in front of the warm glow of a fireplace on a chilly evening. But before you even think about lighting that fire, scheduling a maintenance service with a reputable chimney specialist is crucial. When it comes to using a fireplace, safety needs to be a top-priority, and routine maintenance is the best way to ensure that everything is in safe and proper working order.
The Importance of Chimney Maintenance
A chimney is designed to be strong and durable. It’s supposed to be able to withstand excessive temperatures, the harsh by-products of combustion, and weather. However, like any other feature in your home, with repeated exposure to all of these elements, a chimney can become dirty and damaged.
A chimney is comprised of multiple elements, and if any of those elements are dirty or in disrepair, the entire structure can be compromised. Using a damaged chimney can lead to serious and costly complications; it could even be life-threatening. Some of the side effects of a dirty and/or damaged chimney include the following:
- Structural damage. Minor issues, like a few cracked mortar joints, can turn into major damage, which can lead to catastrophe. Water can easily penetrate through the chimney, damaging the entire structural integrity of the chimney. When that happens, there’s a chance that the entire chimney could collapse, and it could take surrounding walls and roofing materials down with it, too.
- Fires. A damaged or dirty chimney is a serious fire hazard. Creosote, a by-product of combustion, can buildup in the flue. The buildup can prevent heat from ventilating out of the chimney, which could damage the flue. If the flue is damaged, heat could escape into the walls of your house instead of out of the fireplace. Additionally, creosote is highly flammable; if the buildup is thick enough, it could catch on fire and spark a blaze that could engulf your entire house.
- Health hazards. Smoke produces carbon monoxide, an odorless, colorless, and toxic gas. When a chimney is clean and functioning properly, the gas exhausts out of your home; however, if the chimney is damaged or dirty, the toxic gas can pour back into your home. Inhaling those gases can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning, which have serious side effects on your health and can potentially lead to death.
- Smoke damage. When a chimney is damaged or dirty, smoke can’t flow up and out, so it instead, it flows back in. Smoke contains soot, a highly corrosive substance that can damage anything it lands on; the walls surrounding the fireplace, the hearth, flooring, curtains, furniture, and decorative elements, too.
The only way to avoid these serious risks is by having your chimney inspected, maintained, and cleaned on a regular basis. Yearly maintenance is recommended for moderate use fireplaces; if you use your fireplace more frequently, scheduling maintenance visits a few times a year is highly recommended.
Our Chimney Maintenance Process
At Ageless Chimney, we have developed a comprehensive maintenance process to ensure that the chimneys we service are in proper working order. Our technicians will begin by performing a thorough assessment of all elements of the structure. We’ll use the most advanced tools and state-of-the-art technologies, as well as our highly trained eyes, to inspect your chimney. We’ll fully examine every square inch, from top to bottom, looking for signs of:
- Masonry and mortar damage
- Crown and/or cap damage
- Moisture leaks
- Spalling (damaged to the lining)
- Damper and firebox problems
After performing a complete inspection, if we notice any signs of trouble, we’ll determine the best course of action to correct the problem(s). We’ll provide you with a complete diagnostic report and our repair recommendations. With your approval, we’ll proceed to correct any issues that we detected.
In addition to inspecting and repairing your chimney, we’ll also clean it. Using state-of-the-art tools and good-old elbow grease, we’ll completely cleanse the flue, damper, and firebox. We’ll make sure that your chimney is completely clean and free of dangerous creosote buildup.
Safety and Satisfaction are Our Top Priorities
At Ageless Chimney, we have two top priorities; safety and satisfaction. Our goal is to make sure that every single chimney and fireplace we service is working properly and safe to use. A damaged or dirty chimney isn’t a safe chimney. We’re also fully committed to providing the highest degree of customer care to ensure your complete satisfaction. Our technicians will go above and beyond to make sure that you are fully satisfied with our services. You – and your home – will be treated with the utmost respect by every member of our staff.
It’s because of our dedication to safety and customer satisfaction that Ageless Chimney has established itself as one of the most trusted Nassau County chimney repair services; and that’s something we’re really proud of.
Schedule Your Chimney Maintenance Service Today!
Don’t let one of the nicest features of your home – the fireplace – become the most dangerous. To schedule an appointment with our technicians or to learn more about our services, please call 516-795-1313 today! We look forward to working with you and servicing all of your needs.
- Learn more about Baldwin Harbor, NY 11510
- Open a Baldwin Harbor, NY map
- Find the Baldwin Harbor, NY United States Post Office
- Locate nearby Baldwin Harbor, NY pharmacies
- View the current Baldwin Harbor, NY weather report
- Browse a list of Baldwin Harbor, NY public and private schools
- Baldwin Harbor, NY is located in Nassau county in New York State