Chimney Repair in Bohemia, NY 11716
Ageless Chimney: Top-Quality Suffolk County Chimney Repair Services
You probably don’t think much about your chimney if you’re like many Bohemia, NY property owners. Unfortunately, neglected chimneys are a leading cause of fires in the United States. Poorly maintained chimney systems burn down countless properties every year. The fireplace ventilation features do more than just look good; they also serve a functional purpose. They can pose a serious threat to you and your family if they aren’t properly maintained – cleaned and inspected regularly, and repaired as needed.
Don’t let your home go up in flames! Contact Ageless Chimney, a leading Suffolk County chimney repair specialist. With more than a decade of experience, our locally owned and operated company specializes in all aspects of chimney repair and will ensure this integral feature is operating properly and safely.
Our Chimney Repair Process
At Ageless Chimney, we specialize in all aspects of chimney repair – inspection, detection, and correction. We’ll thoroughly assess every surface of the structure, looking for any signs of trouble. If we spot any causes for concern, we’ll provide you with a proper diagnosis and let you know what repairs are necessary to fix the damage. With your approval, we’ll proceed to correct any problems, using the highest quality equipment and the most advanced repair techniques. Once we’re finished, we’ll reassess your chimney to ensure that everything is in proper working order and safe to use.
Before we make any repairs, we’ll provide you with a written estimate. Our technicians are courteous and respectful; not only of our clients but also of their properties. We’ll protect any surfaces that could possibly be affected during the repair process to prevent unnecessary damages. And when the job is done, we’ll clean up all dirt and debris. The only thing we’ll leave behind is a fully repaired and properly functioning chimney.
Top-Quality Chimney Repair Services You Can Count On
Ageless Chimney offers a full range of chimney repair surfaces. Our highly experienced, licensed technicians can correct chimney malfunctions of all shapes and sizes; there’s no type of damage we can’t manage!
We provide the following repair services for Bohemia, NY residents:
· Liner repairs
· Stainless steel liner installation
· Moisture detection and correction
· Damaged masonry and mortar repairs, including full repointing and complete rebuilds
· Draft identification and adjustment
· Repair and replacement of damaged or missing crowns
· Detection and removal of all types of obstruction, including dirt, leaves, twigs, and even nests and animals
These are just some of the chimney repair services that Ageless Chimney provides. No matter what type of repair your chimney needs, you can rely on our highly qualified technicians to locate the problem and fix it as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Telltale Signs Your Chimney is in Need of Repair
Many property owners don’t realize it, but there are definite signs that a chimney is in disrepair. Take the time to inspect your chimney; if you notice any of the following signs, you need to contact a Suffolk County chimney repair specialist right away:
· Cracked or missing mortar. Mortar plays a crucial part in the design and durability of your chimney. It acts as the glue that keeps the brick, stone, and other masonry materials together. Cracked or missing mortar is pretty easy to spot. If it appears that the mortar on your chimney is damaged in any way, it needs to be corrected right away. Even minor damage can lead to major issues, like spalling, which is a serious problem.
· Spalling. Spalling is what happens when the broken motor isn’t attended to and moisture penetrates the masonry. Spalling is a serious problem, as it can compromise the entire structure and ultimately lead to a collapse.
· Shaling. If you’ve spotted any broken bits of tile in the bottom of your fireplace, that’s a sign that your liner is shaling, or falling apart. A liner is a critical part of a chimney, as it guides the byproducts of combustion up and out of the chimney. If it’s damaged, there’s a serious risk of fire.
· Damaged or missing crown. The crown protects a chimney from exterior elements. It stops the rain, snow, sleet, twigs, leaves, and any other debris from making its way into the chimney. It can also prevent animals from nesting in the structure. If the crown is damaged or missing, there’s an increased risk of moisture damage, a serious problem that can cause a major catastrophe.
· White marks. It might look charming and add to the rustic appeal, but white spots on a chimney are a sign of a serious problem. Efflorescence (the scientific term for those white spots) occurs when moisture damage exists. As mentioned, moisture is a serious cause for concern.
If you’ve spotted any of these problems – or if you want to schedule a professional inspection – contact Ageless Chimney. As a leading Bohemia, NY chimney repair company, our technicians will fully inspect the structure, identify any damage, and correct all issues.
Ensure the Safety of Your Property: Schedule Your Chimney Repair Service Today!
Having a fireplace pose a severe safety risk would be the last thing you want. For more information about chimney inspections and repairs, contact Ageless Chimney today. Call 516-795-1313 today if you need a chimney repair service that’s fast, reliable, and affordable!
Some information about Bohemia, NY
Bohemia is a hamlet in Suffolk County, New York, United States. The population was 10,180 at the 2010 census.
It is situated along the South Shore of Long Island in the Town of Islip, approximately 50 miles from New York City.
The earliest known inhabitants of what is today Bohemia were the Secatogue tribe of the Algonquian peoples.
The area was founded as Bohemia in 1855 by Slavic immigrants who were the first Europeans to settle there in large numbers. These migrants came from a mountainous village near Kadaň in the Central European Kingdom of Bohemia, which is the town’s namesake (Kadaň is located in present-day Czech Republic). Their pilgrimage coincided with a wave of Bohemian nationals emigrating to the United States, many of whom embodied the free spirited and enlightened lifestyles synonymous with bohemianism. They had taken part in the widespread revolutions against autocratic rule that had shaken Europe in 1848 and came seeking a new life in the United States. Work was hard to come by in New York and many of the men tried to support themselves as street musicians. An important contribution they made to the development of Long Island was adding their rich Central European folklore to the local culture, a nice complement to the also rich oral tradition of the native people. Many of the first homes they built are located on the town’s avenues and are distinguished by their cross gable roofs.
For 100 years, Bohemia remained a very small village most of whose residents were of Czech descent. With the development of all of Long Island after World War II, Bohemia also grew. At the time of the centennial in 1955, the population was about 3,000. Today there about 11,000 inhabitants from many national and ethnic backgrounds.
Directions from Bohemia, NY to Ageless Chimney
Here are some chimney-related links:
- Chimney Safety Institute of America
- Chimney Safety Institute of America