Chimney Repair in Brookville, NY 11545
Ageless Chimney Offers Complete Brookville, NY Chimney Maintenance Services
Ageless Chimney is a full-service chimney care and repair company serving Nassau County. With more than a decade of experience, our skilled and licensed technicians have maintained and repaired chimneys throughout Brookville, NY. One of the reasons we are highly regarded is our commitment to providing fast, reliable, and affordable chimney service, as well as our expertise in delivering exceptional customer service.
There’s nothing more relaxing than sitting back in front of the warm glow of a fireplace on a chilly evening. But before you even think about lighting that fire, scheduling a maintenance service with a reputable chimney specialist is crucial. When it comes to using a fireplace, safety needs to be a top priority, and routine maintenance is the best way to ensure that everything is in safe and proper working order.
The Importance of Chimney Maintenance
A chimney is designed to be strong and durable. It’s supposed to be able to withstand excessive temperatures, the harsh by-products of combustion, and weather. However, like any other feature in your Nassau County home, with repeated exposure to all of these elements, a chimney can become dirty and damaged.
A chimney is comprised of multiple elements, and if any of those elements are dirty or in disrepair, the entire structure can be compromised. Using a damaged chimney can lead to serious and costly complications; it could even be life-threatening. Some of the side effects of a dirty and/or damaged chimney include the following:
- Structural damage. Minor issues, like a few cracked mortar joints, can turn into major damage, which can lead to catastrophe. Water can easily penetrate through the chimney, damaging the entire structural integrity of the chimney. When that happens, there’s a chance that the entire chimney could collapse, and it could take surrounding walls and roofing materials down with it, too.
- Fires. A damaged or dirty chimney is a serious fire hazard. Creosote, a by-product of combustion, can build up in the flue. The buildup can prevent heat from ventilating out of the chimney, which could damage the flue. If the flue is damaged, heat could escape into the walls of your house instead of out of the fireplace. Additionally, creosote is highly flammable; if the buildup is thick enough, it could catch on fire and spark a blaze that could engulf your entire house.
- Health hazards. Smoke produces carbon monoxide, an odorless, colorless, and toxic gas. When a chimney is clean and functioning properly, the gas exhausts out of your home; however, if the chimney is damaged or dirty, the toxic gas can pour back into your home. Inhaling those gases can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning, which has serious side effects on your health and can potentially lead to death.
- Smoke damage. When a chimney in Brookville, NY is damaged or dirty, smoke can’t flow up and out, so instead, it flows back in. Smoke contains soot, a highly corrosive substance that can damage anything it lands on; the walls surrounding the fireplace, the hearth, flooring, curtains, furniture, and decorative elements, too.
The only way to avoid these serious risks is by having your chimney inspected, maintained, and cleaned on a regular basis. Yearly maintenance is recommended for moderate use fireplaces; if you use your fireplace more frequently, scheduling maintenance visits a few times a year is highly recommended.
Our Chimney Maintenance Process
At Ageless Chimney, we have developed a comprehensive maintenance process to ensure that the Nassau County chimneys we service are in proper working order. Our technicians will begin by performing a thorough assessment of all elements of the structure. We’ll use the most advanced tools and state-of-the-art technologies, as well as our highly-trained eyes, to inspect your chimney. We’ll fully examine every square inch, from top to bottom, looking for signs of:
- Masonry and mortar damage
- Crown and/or cap damage
- Moisture leaks
- Spalling (damaged to the lining)
- Damper and firebox problems
After performing a complete inspection, if we notice any signs of trouble, we’ll determine the best course of action to correct the problem(s). We’ll provide you with a complete diagnostic report and our repair recommendations. With your approval, we’ll proceed to correct any issues that we detected.
In addition to inspecting and repairing your chimney, we’ll also clean it. Using state-of-the-art tools and good-old elbow grease, we’ll completely cleanse the flue, damper, and firebox. We’ll make sure that your chimney is completely clean and free of dangerous creosote buildup.
Safety and Satisfaction are Our Top Priorities
At Ageless Chimney, we have two top priorities; safety and satisfaction. Our goal is to make sure that every single chimney and fireplace we service is working properly and safe to use. A damaged or dirty chimney isn’t a safe chimney. We’re also fully committed to providing the highest degree of customer care to ensure your complete satisfaction. Our technicians will go above and beyond to make sure that you are fully satisfied with our services. You – and your home – will be treated with the utmost respect by every member of our staff.
It’s because of our dedication to safety and customer satisfaction that Ageless Chimney has established itself as one of the most trusted Nassau County chimney repair services, and that’s something we’re really proud of.
Schedule Your Chimney Maintenance Service Today!
One of your home’s most beautiful features – the fireplace – can become one of its most dangerous, do not let this happen. Call 516-795-1313 today for more information or to schedule an appointment with one of our technicians. It would be our pleasure to serve all of your chimney needs.
Some information about Brookville, NY
Brookville is a village located within the Town of Oyster Bay in Nassau County, on Long Island, in New York, United States. As of the 2010 United States Census, the village population was 3,465.
The geographic Village of Brookville was formed in two stages. When the village was incorporated in 1931, it consisted of a long, narrow tract of land that was centered along Cedar Swamp Road (Route 107). In the 1950s, the northern portion of the unincorporated area then known as Wheatley Hills was annexed and incorporated into the village, approximately doubling the village’s area to its present 2,650 acres (1,070 ha).
When the town of Oyster Bay purchased what is now Brookville from the Matinecocks in the mid-17th century, the area was known as Suco’s Wigwam. Most pioneers were English, many of them Quakers. They were soon joined by Dutch settlers from western Long Island, who called the surrounding area Wolver Hollow, apparently because wolves gathered at spring-fed Shoo Brook to drink. For most of the 19th century, the village was called Tappentown after a prominent family. Brookville became the preferred name after the Civil War and was used on 1873 maps.
Brookville’s two centuries as a farm and woodland backwater changed quickly in the early 20th century as wealthy New Yorkers built lavish mansions. By the mid-1920s, there were 22 estates, part of the emergence of Nassau’s North Shore Gold Coast. One was Broadhollow, the 108-acre (0.44 km2) spread of attorney-banker-diplomat Winthrop W. Aldrich, which had a 40-room manor house. The second owner of Broadhollow was Alfred Gwynne Vanderbilt Jr., who was owner of the Belmont and Pimlico racetracks. Marjorie Merriweather Post, daughter of cereal creator Charles William Post, and her husband Edward Francis Hutton, the famous financier, built a lavish 70-room mansion on 178 acres (0.72 km2) called Hillwood.
Directions from Brookville, NY to Ageless Chimney
Here are some chimney-related links:
- Chimney Safety Institute of America
- Chimney Safety Institute of America