Chimney Repair in Coram, NY 11727
Ageless Chimney: Top-Quality Suffolk County Chimney Repair Services
You probably don’t think much about your chimney if you’re like many Coram, NY property owners. Unfortunately, neglected chimneys are a leading cause of fires in the United States. Poorly maintained chimney systems burn down countless properties every year. The fireplace ventilation features do more than just look good; they also serve a functional purpose. They can pose a serious threat to you and your family if they aren’t properly maintained – cleaned and inspected regularly, and repaired as needed.
Don’t let your home go up in flames! Contact Ageless Chimney, a leading Suffolk County chimney repair specialist. With more than a decade of experience, our locally owned and operated company specializes in all aspects of chimney repair and will ensure this integral feature is operating properly and safely.
Our Chimney Repair Process
At Ageless Chimney, we specialize in all aspects of chimney repair – inspection, detection, and correction. We’ll thoroughly assess every surface of the structure, looking for any signs of trouble. If we spot any causes for concern, we’ll provide you with a proper diagnosis and let you know what repairs are necessary to fix the damage. With your approval, we’ll proceed to correct any problems, using the highest quality equipment and the most advanced repair techniques. Once we’re finished, we’ll reassess your chimney to ensure that everything is in proper working order and safe to use.
Before we make any repairs, we’ll provide you with a written estimate. Our technicians are courteous and respectful; not only of our clients but also of their properties. We’ll protect any surfaces that could possibly be affected during the repair process to prevent unnecessary damages. And when the job is done, we’ll clean up all dirt and debris. The only thing we’ll leave behind is a fully repaired and properly functioning chimney.
Top-Quality Chimney Repair Services You Can Count On
Ageless Chimney offers a full range of chimney repair surfaces. Our highly experienced, licensed technicians can correct chimney malfunctions of all shapes and sizes; there’s no type of damage we can’t manage!
We provide the following repair services for Coram, NY residents:
· Liner repairs
· Stainless steel liner installation
· Moisture detection and correction
· Damaged masonry and mortar repairs, including full repointing and complete rebuilds
· Draft identification and adjustment
· Repair and replacement of damaged or missing crowns
· Detection and removal of all types of obstruction, including dirt, leaves, twigs, and even nests and animals
These are just some of the chimney repair services that Ageless Chimney provides. No matter what type of repair your chimney needs, you can rely on our highly qualified technicians to locate the problem and fix it as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Telltale Signs Your Chimney is in Need of Repair
Many property owners don’t realize it, but there are definite signs that a chimney is in disrepair. Take the time to inspect your chimney; if you notice any of the following signs, you need to contact a Suffolk County chimney repair specialist right away:
· Cracked or missing mortar. Mortar plays a crucial part in the design and durability of your chimney. It acts as the glue that keeps the brick, stone, and other masonry materials together. Cracked or missing mortar is pretty easy to spot. If it appears that the mortar on your chimney is damaged in any way, it needs to be corrected right away. Even minor damage can lead to major issues, like spalling, which is a serious problem.
· Spalling. Spalling is what happens when the broken motor isn’t attended to and moisture penetrates the masonry. Spalling is a serious problem, as it can compromise the entire structure and ultimately lead to a collapse.
· Shaling. If you’ve spotted any broken bits of tile in the bottom of your fireplace, that’s a sign that your liner is shaling, or falling apart. A liner is a critical part of a chimney, as it guides the byproducts of combustion up and out of the chimney. If it’s damaged, there’s a serious risk of fire.
· Damaged or missing crown. The crown protects a chimney from exterior elements. It stops the rain, snow, sleet, twigs, leaves, and any other debris from making its way into the chimney. It can also prevent animals from nesting in the structure. If the crown is damaged or missing, there’s an increased risk of moisture damage, a serious problem that can cause a major catastrophe.
· White marks. It might look charming and add to the rustic appeal, but white spots on a chimney are a sign of a serious problem. Efflorescence (the scientific term for those white spots) occurs when moisture damage exists. As mentioned, moisture is a serious cause for concern.
If you’ve spotted any of these problems – or if you want to schedule a professional inspection – contact Ageless Chimney. As a leading Coram, NY chimney repair company, our technicians will fully inspect the structure, identify any damage, and correct all issues.
Ensure the Safety of Your Property: Schedule Your Chimney Repair Service Today!
Having a fireplace pose a severe safety risk would be the last thing you want. For more information about chimney inspections and repairs, contact Ageless Chimney today. Call 516-795-1313 today if you need a chimney repair service that’s fast, reliable, and affordable!
Some information about Coram, NY
Coram is a hamlet and census-designated place in the town of Brookhaven, Suffolk County, Long Island, New York, in the United States. As of the 2010 United States census, the CDP population was 39,113.
Coram is the oldest settlement in the central part of the town of Brookhaven. Its early name was ‘Wincoram’, perhaps the name of a Native American who lived in the area as late as 1703. The first European settler in the area was likely William Satterly, who sought permission to open a tavern to cater to travelers in 1677.
The NRHP-listed Lester H. Davis House on the northeast corner of Mount Sinai-Coram and Middle Country Roads.
During the American Revolutionary War, Benjamin Tallmadge with his contingent of Light Dragoons arrived and he with 12 Culper Ring men captured and burned 300 tons of hay the British were storing for winter to feed their horses. George Washington, on hearing the news, sent the following letter to Tallmadge:I have received with much pleasure the report of your successful enterprise upon fort St. George, and was pleased with the destruction of the hay at Coram, which must be severely felt by the enemy at this time. I beg you to accept my thanks for your spirited execution of this business. Annually Coram celebrates the event in October.
From 1784 to 1885, Coram served as the meeting place for the Town of Brookhaven government, using the Davis Town Meeting House for much of that period. The Davis House, built in the 1750s, was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2001 and is the oldest existing structure in Coram.
Directions from Coram, NY to Ageless Chimney
Here are some chimney-related links:
- Chimney Safety Institute of America
- Chimney Safety Institute of America