I Call this company to take my chimney down and rebuild it..they gave me a great price and were one of the most professional company I've seen in a long time..it started off right from the girl on the phone to sherwood making my chimney come out to my tuff standards..this is a very nice and professional crew..I would recommend these guys to everyoneDon R.
Had the pleasure of meeting Bob this week to fix our chimney which had no cap or liner on it for years apparently (found dead birds inside gross). He beat out a previous estimate and did an amazing job! Came at straight 9am, explained everything and was done by 11. Super nice, professional, and clean. Would recommend to anyone!Alesya N.
Unfortunately not thrilled with work that was done. We had them redo our stoop with the understanding all sides would be bricked like original, it wasn't. Sides were stuccoed. Plus gaps between bricks on steps where water would seep and in winter when frozen would cause cracks. The stone was marked up and they destroyed grass by cutting stone on it. Would not recommend at all.Kathleen S.
Ageless Chimney was one of three estimates sought, and I'm glad that I chose them. Although it hasn't rained yet, I trust that the leak from failed flashing (no thanks to the previous roofers) is fixed, and the chimney on this 100+ year old home was completely re-pointed for the first time ever. From the professional office staff, to Keith the estimator, to Sherwood and Kevin who performed the work, thank you for giving me peace of mind from a job well done!Louise S.
I had several reviews for a cap, new lining and a cleaning. Keith gave us a thorough overview of the work needed and gave us the confidence that the work would be done in a timely and clean fashion. We were not disappointed. I would use them in the future. They are proud of their work and left us with a pristine job. I highly recommend them.Alex B.
Mike, Greg, and Danielle were wonderfully helpful! They were super responsive. Danielle was very organized and helped me schedule ASAP. Greg and his colleague arrived on time. They were very professional and kind. They took the time to explain everything to me. Mike (the owner) was also very nice and professional when we spoke on the phone. I would highly recommend Ageless Chimney.Libby L.
Very Impressed! Showed up on time, gave me a great warranty and worked their A...... off on my 90 year old chimney. I really liked the fact that the owner of the company was involved in every step of the job. I am a licensed home inspector and would highly recommend ageless chimney to any and all of my clients.Steven F.
I had another chimney company come over to inspect my chimney on my new home. I felt like the guy was jerking me around and he was a kind of shady. I researched some other companies and got a recommendation from my cousin to use Ageless. I dealt with Sherwood who was excellent and a true professional. He gave me an honest quote and showed me the work he was going to do and even got me up on the roof to point out somethings. Himself and partner did great work and I'm very happy with my choice. I highly recommend using Ageless Chimney.Daniel L.
Ageless Chimney Offers Suffolk County Chimney Leak Inspection, Detection, and Correction
When the property owners of Suffolk County are in need of chimney care, there’s only one company they call: Ageless Chimney. For more than a decade, our locally owned and operated company has been maintaining, inspecting, and correcting chimneys of homeowners throughout the area. Our team of professional technicians use the highest quality and most advanced tools, equipment, and techniques to ensure the chimneys we work on are properly functioning and safe to use.
As a full-service chimney care company, we specialize in all areas of chimney care, including leak detection. While chimneys are built to withstand exposure to extreme temperatures, chemical by-products, and the elements, they can sustain damage. Moisture is one of the worst types of damage a chimney can sustain. It can lead to damage the structural integrity of the chimney and the elements that surround it, resulting in extensive and costly repairs. It can also increase the risk of exposure to toxic fumes and fire.
To avoid the consequences of moisture damage, having your chimney inspected by a reputable Suffolk County chimney repair specialist on a regular basis is important.
Causes of Moisture Damage
There are several variables that can lead to moisture damage in a chimney. Some of the most common causes include:
- Damaged masonry. Most chimneys are constructed of masonry, like brick or stone, and mortar. Mortar acts like glue, as it holds the masonry materials together. Unfortunately, these masonry materials are quite porous. Because these materials are exposed to the elements, whenever it rains or snows, the brick, stone, and mortar in your chimney absorb moisture. When the temperatures drop, the trapped moisture freezes, and when the temperatures rise, it thaws. This constant freezing and thawing cause the masonry materials to expand and contract, and over time, they can crack and crumble. This is known as spalling. Damaged mortar – or spalling – can affect the aesthetics of your chimney; but more importantly, it can damage the entire structure. The damage can allow moisture to leak into your chimney and the walls that surround it, which can lead to serious problems.
- Damaged or missing chimney cap. A cap is a chimney’s first line of defense against exterior elements. It prevents rain, snow, and sleet from entering the chimney. If this element is damaged or missing, water can drip into your chimney, which can cause a number of problems. It can damage the flue, the feature that lines the chimney and protects it from high heat and gasses. It can also damage the fireplace, as well as anything that surrounds the structure.
- Damaged chimney crowns. The crown prevents water from collecting at the top of the chimney. If it’s damaged, water will pool, and eventually, it will damage the crown even further, as well as other elements of the chimney, including the cap, the masonry material, the fireplace, and the surrounding walls.
- Damaged flashing. Flashing prevents water from penetrating the chimney where it meets the roof. If the flashing is damaged in any way, water will eventually push its way between the structure and the roof, which can lead to leakage and the serious problems that come along with it
Reasons to Have Your Chimney Inspected for Leaks
Chimneys and moisture don’t mix. Even a minor leak can cause major damage. Leaks can rust the firebox and damper. They can damage the flue and the entire structural integrity of the fireplace. Leaks can increase the risk of fire and can ultimately cause the chimney to collapse. They can also increase your risk of being exposed to toxic gases, like carbon monoxide.
The only way to avoid the extensive, costly and dangerous damage that moisture can cause is by having a professional company, like Ageless Chimney, inspect it on a regular basis.
Comprehensive Leak Detection
The highly trained technicians at Ageless Chimney will thoroughly inspect your chimney for any leaks. Using the highest quality tools and proven strategies, we’ll locate any signs of a leak. If we find a leak, we’ll determine the cause and assess the damage that it’s caused.
Our crew will provide you with a complete diagnostic report and let you know our recommendations for corrections. With your approval, we’ll completely repair the source of the leak, as well as any damage that it may have caused. When we’re done, we’ll reassess the structure to ensure that it’s leak-proof.
Our technicians provide fast, efficient, and affordable leak detection services. That’s why so many Suffolk County homeowners rely on us for their chimney leak inspection, detection, and correction needs; as well as all of their chimney maintenance and repair needs. When we’re on the job, you can have confidence knowing that your chimney – and your home – are in the very best of hands.
Schedule an Appointment for East Islip, NY Leak Inspection Today!
Protect your chimney, your fireplace, and your home from the damaging effects of moisture by scheduling a leak detection service. To learn more about our comprehensive leak detection processor to make an appointment, call 516-795-1313. One of our friendly and knowledgeable associates will be more than happy to answer any of your questions and arrange a time for this all-important service at a time that is most convenient for you.
- Learn more about East Islip, NY 11730
- Open a East Islip, NY map
- Find the East Islip, NY United States Post Office
- Locate nearby East Islip, NY pharmacies
- View the current East Islip, NY weather report
- Browse a list of East Islip, NY public and private schools
- East Islip, NY is located in Suffolk county in New York State