Chimney Repair in East Marion, NY 11939
Ageless Chimney: Top-Quality Suffolk County Chimney Repair Services
You probably don’t think much about your chimney if you’re like many East Marion, NY property owners. Unfortunately, neglected chimneys are a leading cause of fires in the United States. Poorly maintained chimney systems burn down countless properties every year. The fireplace ventilation features do more than just look good; they also serve a functional purpose. They can pose a serious threat to you and your family if they aren’t properly maintained – cleaned and inspected regularly, and repaired as needed.
Don’t let your home go up in flames! Contact Ageless Chimney, a leading Suffolk County chimney repair specialist. With more than a decade of experience, our locally owned and operated company specializes in all aspects of chimney repair and will ensure this integral feature is operating properly and safely.
Our Chimney Repair Process
At Ageless Chimney, we specialize in all aspects of chimney repair – inspection, detection, and correction. We’ll thoroughly assess every surface of the structure, looking for any signs of trouble. If we spot any causes for concern, we’ll provide you with a proper diagnosis and let you know what repairs are necessary to fix the damage. With your approval, we’ll proceed to correct any problems, using the highest quality equipment and the most advanced repair techniques. Once we’re finished, we’ll reassess your chimney to ensure that everything is in proper working order and safe to use.
Before we make any repairs, we’ll provide you with a written estimate. Our technicians are courteous and respectful; not only of our clients but also of their properties. We’ll protect any surfaces that could possibly be affected during the repair process to prevent unnecessary damages. And when the job is done, we’ll clean up all dirt and debris. The only thing we’ll leave behind is a fully repaired and properly functioning chimney.
Top-Quality Chimney Repair Services You Can Count On
Ageless Chimney offers a full range of chimney repair surfaces. Our highly experienced, licensed technicians can correct chimney malfunctions of all shapes and sizes; there’s no type of damage we can’t manage!
We provide the following repair services for East Marion, NY residents:
· Liner repairs
· Stainless steel liner installation
· Moisture detection and correction
· Damaged masonry and mortar repairs, including full repointing and complete rebuilds
· Draft identification and adjustment
· Repair and replacement of damaged or missing crowns
· Detection and removal of all types of obstruction, including dirt, leaves, twigs, and even nests and animals
These are just some of the chimney repair services that Ageless Chimney provides. No matter what type of repair your chimney needs, you can rely on our highly qualified technicians to locate the problem and fix it as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Telltale Signs Your Chimney is in Need of Repair
Many property owners don’t realize it, but there are definite signs that a chimney is in disrepair. Take the time to inspect your chimney; if you notice any of the following signs, you need to contact a Suffolk County chimney repair specialist right away:
· Cracked or missing mortar. Mortar plays a crucial part in the design and durability of your chimney. It acts as the glue that keeps the brick, stone, and other masonry materials together. Cracked or missing mortar is pretty easy to spot. If it appears that the mortar on your chimney is damaged in any way, it needs to be corrected right away. Even minor damage can lead to major issues, like spalling, which is a serious problem.
· Spalling. Spalling is what happens when the broken motor isn’t attended to and moisture penetrates the masonry. Spalling is a serious problem, as it can compromise the entire structure and ultimately lead to a collapse.
· Shaling. If you’ve spotted any broken bits of tile in the bottom of your fireplace, that’s a sign that your liner is shaling, or falling apart. A liner is a critical part of a chimney, as it guides the byproducts of combustion up and out of the chimney. If it’s damaged, there’s a serious risk of fire.
· Damaged or missing crown. The crown protects a chimney from exterior elements. It stops the rain, snow, sleet, twigs, leaves, and any other debris from making its way into the chimney. It can also prevent animals from nesting in the structure. If the crown is damaged or missing, there’s an increased risk of moisture damage, a serious problem that can cause a major catastrophe.
· White marks. It might look charming and add to the rustic appeal, but white spots on a chimney are a sign of a serious problem. Efflorescence (the scientific term for those white spots) occurs when moisture damage exists. As mentioned, moisture is a serious cause for concern.
If you’ve spotted any of these problems – or if you want to schedule a professional inspection – contact Ageless Chimney. As a leading East Marion, NY chimney repair company, our technicians will fully inspect the structure, identify any damage, and correct all issues.
Ensure the Safety of Your Property: Schedule Your Chimney Repair Service Today!
Having a fireplace pose a severe safety risk would be the last thing you want. For more information about chimney inspections and repairs, contact Ageless Chimney today. Call 516-613-5450 today if you need a chimney repair service that’s fast, reliable, and affordable!
Some information about East Marion, NY
East Marion is a census-designated place (CDP) that roughly corresponds to the hamlet by the same name in the town of Southold in Suffolk County, New York, United States. The CDP population was 926 at the 2010 census.
The first inhabitants were the Orient Focus People, Native Americans who lived in the area about 1000 BC. They vanished long before the arrival in about 900 AD of the Corchaugs, who called the area Poquatuc. The Corchaugs were still present when six English families settled in 1661. The new residents called the area Oysterponds because of the abundant shellfish that they began to gather and sell to nearby communities. While farming remained the principal occupation, trading vessels began operating out of the sheltered harbor during the colonial period.
British troops landed in 1776 during the American Revolutionary War. Many families fled to Connecticut, and the Redcoats periodically plundered the farms they left behind. After Benedict Arnold switched sides, he organized raids on Connecticut from Oysterponds. The British returned during the War of 1812, setting up what turned out to be a porous blockade against American ships sailing to New York City. In 1814 Commodore Stephen Decatur anchored his American squadron off Trumans Beach but never engaged the British. After the war, renewed farming and fishing brought prosperity to Oysterponds. By 1840 more than 30 schooners were operating out of the harbor, carrying fish and produce.
Orient and East Marion originally were called Oysterponds Lower Neck and Oysterponds Upper Neck, respectively. In 1836, the two communities went their separate ways with new names. Orient was chosen to reflect the area’s easternmost position on the North Fork of Long Island. East Marion was named for Gen. Francis Marion, the ‘Swamp Fox’ of the Revolutionary War. ‘East’ was tacked on because of an existing town of Marion upstate.
Directions from East Marion, NY to Ageless Chimney
Here are some chimney-related links:
- Chimney Safety Institute of America
- Chimney Safety Institute of America