These guys cleaned our chimney, fixed issues we were having with it (we just bought the house) and showed us how to use the thing a la Boy Scouts style (our first home and first fireplace), which obviously was above and beyond. Their employees were helpful, professional, and quick. In and out of my house in no time. Very likeable staff and reasonable prices. Definitely will use again and recommend to others.Ivy C.
I Call this company to take my chimney down and rebuild it..they gave me a great price and were one of the most professional company I've seen in a long time..it started off right from the girl on the phone to sherwood making my chimney come out to my tuff standards..this is a very nice and professional crew..I would recommend these guys to everyoneDon R.
Our oil company came to do the annual boiler cleaning and said there was a nest in the chimney. I had their recommended chimney company come for an estimate and they said we needed a new liner and brickwork (we have a very old house so I wasn't surprised), but their price seemed high. I'm usually wary about calling a company without a personal recommendation, but I called Ageless based on their on-line reviews and couldn't be happier. Their price was considerably less than we were quoted by the first company. They arrived on time, were able to do the work same day and were done in about an hour. The guys were very professional and everything was clean when they left. Don't be surprised if you see this same review on other web sites - I'm very happy to recommend this company!Isabel F.
The staff arrived during the timeframe that was stated. I originally asked for chimney and boiler sweep but one of the guys took a look and said I didn't need the boiler sweep which id have never known. They were fast and efficient. When they went up to the roof they took pictures to show the damage I had and offered an estimate for future work. Staff was knowledgeable and helpful as myself and my family have never owned a fireplace. Will use againTms T.
Made an appointment 2 weeks in advance to have them look at my chimney Between 8-10. (I have to leave for work at 10:30.)Gene T.
Charlie calls at 9:50 telling me he'll be there in 45 minutes. They are not reliable. They cannot be counted on to keep their word and it is probably reflected in their work. I would not consider hiring them. They treat people like garbage.
Bobby and Sherwood came to our house in Massapequa after my wife and I had been dealing with a leaking chimney for weeks. After providing us with a reasonable estimate they performed the work the following day and our chimney has not had a leak since through several storms. Would definitely recommend them to family and friends.Joseph Sorce
Mike, Greg, and Danielle were wonderfully helpful! They were super responsive. Danielle was very organized and helped me schedule ASAP. Greg and his colleague arrived on time. They were very professional and kind. They took the time to explain everything to me. Mike (the owner) was also very nice and professional when we spoke on the phone. I would highly recommend Ageless Chimney.Libby L.
This contractor is legit. Right from the phone call to the installation. The receptionist scheduled someone to come out and called me to let me know they were on there way. Bobby arrived on time, with his crew, and provided me with a full explanation of what needed to be done, what materials he uses, all the material specifications, how the chimney liner installation was to be done, cost and warranty. He was neat and clean and made sure I was satisfied throughout each step of the installation.Frank C.
As an Engineer, I expect someone who is knowledgeable, experienced, affordable (within reason), and can produce good quality work. Bobby from Ageless Chimney met all those qualities and deserves this review.
Professional, quick and informative! We needed a chimney cleaning and after reviewing a few companies we went with Ageless and I am SO glad that we did! They were on time as scheduled, quick, clean and they even took the time to explain to us (first time fireplace users) how to use it. Very professional and would recommend them in an instant!Jackie C.
Would highly recommend this company. They had excellent customer service! From the beginning phone call with Cheryl the receptionist to the workers Keith and Kyle that installed a stainless steel chimney liner today. This company was a pleasure to deal with, fast, had great prices, meticulous work, and highly recommended:)Stacey B.
Ageless Chimney Offers Suffolk County Chimney Leak Inspection, Detection, and Correction
When the property owners of Suffolk County are in need of chimney care, there’s only one company they call: Ageless Chimney. For more than a decade, our locally owned and operated company has been maintaining, inspecting, and correcting chimneys of homeowners throughout the area. Our team of professional technicians use the highest quality and most advanced tools, equipment, and techniques to ensure the chimneys we work on are properly functioning and safe to use.
As a full-service chimney care company, we specialize in all areas of chimney care, including leak detection. While chimneys are built to withstand exposure to extreme temperatures, chemical by-products, and the elements, they can sustain damage. Moisture is one of the worst types of damage a chimney can sustain. It can lead to damage the structural integrity of the chimney and the elements that surround it, resulting in extensive and costly repairs. It can also increase the risk of exposure to toxic fumes and fire.
To avoid the consequences of moisture damage, having your chimney inspected by a reputable Suffolk County chimney repair specialist on a regular basis is important.
Causes of Moisture Damage
There are several variables that can lead to moisture damage in a chimney. Some of the most common causes include:
- Damaged masonry. Most chimneys are constructed of masonry, like brick or stone, and mortar. Mortar acts like glue, as it holds the masonry materials together. Unfortunately, these masonry materials are quite porous. Because these materials are exposed to the elements, whenever it rains or snows, the brick, stone, and mortar in your chimney absorb moisture. When the temperatures drop, the trapped moisture freezes, and when the temperatures rise, it thaws. This constant freezing and thawing cause the masonry materials to expand and contract, and over time, they can crack and crumble. This is known as spalling. Damaged mortar – or spalling – can affect the aesthetics of your chimney; but more importantly, it can damage the entire structure. The damage can allow moisture to leak into your chimney and the walls that surround it, which can lead to serious problems.
- Damaged or missing chimney cap. A cap is a chimney’s first line of defense against exterior elements. It prevents rain, snow, and sleet from entering the chimney. If this element is damaged or missing, water can drip into your chimney, which can cause a number of problems. It can damage the flue, the feature that lines the chimney and protects it from high heat and gasses. It can also damage the fireplace, as well as anything that surrounds the structure.
- Damaged chimney crowns. The crown prevents water from collecting at the top of the chimney. If it’s damaged, water will pool, and eventually, it will damage the crown even further, as well as other elements of the chimney, including the cap, the masonry material, the fireplace, and the surrounding walls.
- Damaged flashing. Flashing prevents water from penetrating the chimney where it meets the roof. If the flashing is damaged in any way, water will eventually push its way between the structure and the roof, which can lead to leakage and the serious problems that come along with it
Reasons to Have Your Chimney Inspected for Leaks
Chimneys and moisture don’t mix. Even a minor leak can cause major damage. Leaks can rust the firebox and damper. They can damage the flue and the entire structural integrity of the fireplace. Leaks can increase the risk of fire and can ultimately cause the chimney to collapse. They can also increase your risk of being exposed to toxic gases, like carbon monoxide.
The only way to avoid the extensive, costly and dangerous damage that moisture can cause is by having a professional company, like Ageless Chimney, inspect it on a regular basis.
Comprehensive Leak Detection
The highly trained technicians at Ageless Chimney will thoroughly inspect your chimney for any leaks. Using the highest quality tools and proven strategies, we’ll locate any signs of a leak. If we find a leak, we’ll determine the cause and assess the damage that it’s caused.
Our crew will provide you with a complete diagnostic report and let you know our recommendations for corrections. With your approval, we’ll completely repair the source of the leak, as well as any damage that it may have caused. When we’re done, we’ll reassess the structure to ensure that it’s leak-proof.
Our technicians provide fast, efficient, and affordable leak detection services. That’s why so many Suffolk County homeowners rely on us for their chimney leak inspection, detection, and correction needs; as well as all of their chimney maintenance and repair needs. When we’re on the job, you can have confidence knowing that your chimney – and your home – are in the very best of hands.
Schedule an Appointment for East Patchogue, NY Leak Inspection Today!
Protect your chimney, your fireplace, and your home from the damaging effects of moisture by scheduling a leak detection service. To learn more about our comprehensive leak detection processor to make an appointment, call 516-795-1313. One of our friendly and knowledgeable associates will be more than happy to answer any of your questions and arrange a time for this all-important service at a time that is most convenient for you.
- Learn more about East Patchogue, NY 11772
- Open a East Patchogue, NY map
- Find the East Patchogue, NY United States Post Office
- Locate nearby East Patchogue, NY pharmacies
- View the current East Patchogue, NY weather report
- Browse a list of East Patchogue, NY public and private schools
- East Patchogue, NY is located in Suffolk county in New York State