I called this company because my boiler kept shutting and my oil guy said it was the chimney. My neighbor recommended Ageless Chimney to me so I checked their website and thought they looked pretty good. They came on time and explained that I had a blockage. They cleaned it out and it was not expensive. The owners themselves came and they were neat and professional and very nice.I would recommend this company.Cheryl Hirsch
Bobby and Sherwood came to our house in Massapequa after my wife and I had been dealing with a leaking chimney for weeks. After providing us with a reasonable estimate they performed the work the following day and our chimney has not had a leak since through several storms. Would definitely recommend them to family and friends.Joseph Sorce
Very Impressed! Showed up on time, gave me a great warranty and worked their A...... off on my 90 year old chimney. I really liked the fact that the owner of the company was involved in every step of the job. I am a licensed home inspector and would highly recommend ageless chimney to any and all of my clients.Steven F.
Ageless Chimney was one of three estimates sought, and I'm glad that I chose them. Although it hasn't rained yet, I trust that the leak from failed flashing (no thanks to the previous roofers) is fixed, and the chimney on this 100+ year old home was completely re-pointed for the first time ever. From the professional office staff, to Keith the estimator, to Sherwood and Kevin who performed the work, thank you for giving me peace of mind from a job well done!Louise S.
Unfortunately not thrilled with work that was done. We had them redo our stoop with the understanding all sides would be bricked like original, it wasn't. Sides were stuccoed. Plus gaps between bricks on steps where water would seep and in winter when frozen would cause cracks. The stone was marked up and they destroyed grass by cutting stone on it. Would not recommend at all.Kathleen S.
I had this company come by and fix my chimney. The owner Bobby is a great guy. I saw some of his videos on Facebook and decided to give them a call and I am glad I did. The last gut did a horrible job the chimney was falling in.steven orandello
The job came out great. If you need any masonry work done. I would definitely give them a call first. I don't think you will be disappointed . Thanks
The staff arrived during the timeframe that was stated. I originally asked for chimney and boiler sweep but one of the guys took a look and said I didn't need the boiler sweep which id have never known. They were fast and efficient. When they went up to the roof they took pictures to show the damage I had and offered an estimate for future work. Staff was knowledgeable and helpful as myself and my family have never owned a fireplace. Will use againTms T.
I am truly satisfied. I have not used my fireplace for 4-5 years. The hamper was rusted. I called 3 companies for an estimate. 2 came in and said it would cost $450-$500. Ageless came in and first tried spraying WD40. It worked! And they didn't even charge me. I highly recommend this company.Bob Alarcon
These guys cleaned our chimney, fixed issues we were having with it (we just bought the house) and showed us how to use the thing a la Boy Scouts style (our first home and first fireplace), which obviously was above and beyond. Their employees were helpful, professional, and quick. In and out of my house in no time. Very likeable staff and reasonable prices. Definitely will use again and recommend to others.Ivy C.
Made an appointment 2 weeks in advance to have them look at my chimney Between 8-10. (I have to leave for work at 10:30.)Gene T.
Charlie calls at 9:50 telling me he'll be there in 45 minutes. They are not reliable. They cannot be counted on to keep their word and it is probably reflected in their work. I would not consider hiring them. They treat people like garbage.
Had Ageless come back to give me an estimate on a new bluestone stoop and a new walkway from pavers. The owner Bob came over and he has a way of making you feel comfortable. The price was almost what I had expected. Within a few weeks they had all their materials and started their work. They were neat and efficient which is what I am looking for when hiring a contractor. We couldn't be happier with how the stoop came out and it gave our house the curb appeal that it needed.Kevin F.
I had called Ageless Chimney because we had a leak into our attic from the chimney. We were unsure if the roof or chimney flashing was the problem. They set me up with an appointment for a one hour window and confirmed the day before. The guys got here on time. Charlie was professional and gave us a reasonable estimate and told us what the problem was. He was able to fix it right then and there! It stopped our leak! Thanks guys!Gina C.
Ageless Chimney Offers Suffolk County Chimney Leak Inspection, Detection, and Correction
When the property owners of Suffolk County are in need of chimney care, there’s only one company they call: Ageless Chimney. For more than a decade, our locally owned and operated company has been maintaining, inspecting, and correcting chimneys of homeowners throughout the area. Our team of professional technicians use the highest quality and most advanced tools, equipment, and techniques to ensure the chimneys we work on are properly functioning and safe to use.
As a full-service chimney care company, we specialize in all areas of chimney care, including leak detection. While chimneys are built to withstand exposure to extreme temperatures, chemical by-products, and the elements, they can sustain damage. Moisture is one of the worst types of damage a chimney can sustain. It can lead to damage the structural integrity of the chimney and the elements that surround it, resulting in extensive and costly repairs. It can also increase the risk of exposure to toxic fumes and fire.
To avoid the consequences of moisture damage, having your chimney inspected by a reputable Suffolk County chimney repair specialist on a regular basis is important.
Causes of Moisture Damage
There are several variables that can lead to moisture damage in a chimney. Some of the most common causes include:
- Damaged masonry. Most chimneys are constructed of masonry, like brick or stone, and mortar. Mortar acts like glue, as it holds the masonry materials together. Unfortunately, these masonry materials are quite porous. Because these materials are exposed to the elements, whenever it rains or snows, the brick, stone, and mortar in your chimney absorb moisture. When the temperatures drop, the trapped moisture freezes, and when the temperatures rise, it thaws. This constant freezing and thawing cause the masonry materials to expand and contract, and over time, they can crack and crumble. This is known as spalling. Damaged mortar – or spalling – can affect the aesthetics of your chimney; but more importantly, it can damage the entire structure. The damage can allow moisture to leak into your chimney and the walls that surround it, which can lead to serious problems.
- Damaged or missing chimney cap. A cap is a chimney’s first line of defense against exterior elements. It prevents rain, snow, and sleet from entering the chimney. If this element is damaged or missing, water can drip into your chimney, which can cause a number of problems. It can damage the flue, the feature that lines the chimney and protects it from high heat and gasses. It can also damage the fireplace, as well as anything that surrounds the structure.
- Damaged chimney crowns. The crown prevents water from collecting at the top of the chimney. If it’s damaged, water will pool, and eventually, it will damage the crown even further, as well as other elements of the chimney, including the cap, the masonry material, the fireplace, and the surrounding walls.
- Damaged flashing. Flashing prevents water from penetrating the chimney where it meets the roof. If the flashing is damaged in any way, water will eventually push its way between the structure and the roof, which can lead to leakage and the serious problems that come along with it
Reasons to Have Your Chimney Inspected for Leaks
Chimneys and moisture don’t mix. Even a minor leak can cause major damage. Leaks can rust the firebox and damper. They can damage the flue and the entire structural integrity of the fireplace. Leaks can increase the risk of fire and can ultimately cause the chimney to collapse. They can also increase your risk of being exposed to toxic gases, like carbon monoxide.
The only way to avoid the extensive, costly and dangerous damage that moisture can cause is by having a professional company, like Ageless Chimney, inspect it on a regular basis.
Comprehensive Leak Detection
The highly trained technicians at Ageless Chimney will thoroughly inspect your chimney for any leaks. Using the highest quality tools and proven strategies, we’ll locate any signs of a leak. If we find a leak, we’ll determine the cause and assess the damage that it’s caused.
Our crew will provide you with a complete diagnostic report and let you know our recommendations for corrections. With your approval, we’ll completely repair the source of the leak, as well as any damage that it may have caused. When we’re done, we’ll reassess the structure to ensure that it’s leak-proof.
Our technicians provide fast, efficient, and affordable leak detection services. That’s why so many Suffolk County homeowners rely on us for their chimney leak inspection, detection, and correction needs; as well as all of their chimney maintenance and repair needs. When we’re on the job, you can have confidence knowing that your chimney – and your home – are in the very best of hands.
Schedule an Appointment for Eatons Neck, NY Leak Inspection Today!
Protect your chimney, your fireplace, and your home from the damaging effects of moisture by scheduling a leak detection service. To learn more about our comprehensive leak detection processor to make an appointment, call 516-795-1313. One of our friendly and knowledgeable associates will be more than happy to answer any of your questions and arrange a time for this all-important service at a time that is most convenient for you.
- Learn more about Eatons Neck, NY 11768
- Open a Eatons Neck, NY map
- Find the Eatons Neck, NY United States Post Office
- Locate nearby Eatons Neck, NY pharmacies
- View the current Eatons Neck, NY weather report
- Browse a list of Eatons Neck, NY public and private schools
- Eatons Neck, NY is located in Suffolk county in New York State