Chimney Repair in Floral Park, NY 11001
Ageless Chimney Offers Complete Floral Park, NY Chimney Maintenance Services
Ageless Chimney is a full-service chimney care and repair company serving Nassau County. With more than a decade of experience, our skilled and licensed technicians have maintained and repaired chimneys throughout Floral Park, NY. One of the reasons we are highly regarded is our commitment to providing fast, reliable, and affordable chimney service, as well as our expertise in delivering exceptional customer service.
There’s nothing more relaxing than sitting back in front of the warm glow of a fireplace on a chilly evening. But before you even think about lighting that fire, scheduling a maintenance service with a reputable chimney specialist is crucial. When it comes to using a fireplace, safety needs to be a top priority, and routine maintenance is the best way to ensure that everything is in safe and proper working order.
The Importance of Chimney Maintenance
A chimney is designed to be strong and durable. It’s supposed to be able to withstand excessive temperatures, the harsh by-products of combustion, and weather. However, like any other feature in your Nassau County home, with repeated exposure to all of these elements, a chimney can become dirty and damaged.
A chimney is comprised of multiple elements, and if any of those elements are dirty or in disrepair, the entire structure can be compromised. Using a damaged chimney can lead to serious and costly complications; it could even be life-threatening. Some of the side effects of a dirty and/or damaged chimney include the following:
- Structural damage. Minor issues, like a few cracked mortar joints, can turn into major damage, which can lead to catastrophe. Water can easily penetrate through the chimney, damaging the entire structural integrity of the chimney. When that happens, there’s a chance that the entire chimney could collapse, and it could take surrounding walls and roofing materials down with it, too.
- Fires. A damaged or dirty chimney is a serious fire hazard. Creosote, a by-product of combustion, can build up in the flue. The buildup can prevent heat from ventilating out of the chimney, which could damage the flue. If the flue is damaged, heat could escape into the walls of your house instead of out of the fireplace. Additionally, creosote is highly flammable; if the buildup is thick enough, it could catch on fire and spark a blaze that could engulf your entire house.
- Health hazards. Smoke produces carbon monoxide, an odorless, colorless, and toxic gas. When a chimney is clean and functioning properly, the gas exhausts out of your home; however, if the chimney is damaged or dirty, the toxic gas can pour back into your home. Inhaling those gases can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning, which has serious side effects on your health and can potentially lead to death.
- Smoke damage. When a chimney in Floral Park, NY is damaged or dirty, smoke can’t flow up and out, so instead, it flows back in. Smoke contains soot, a highly corrosive substance that can damage anything it lands on; the walls surrounding the fireplace, the hearth, flooring, curtains, furniture, and decorative elements, too.
The only way to avoid these serious risks is by having your chimney inspected, maintained, and cleaned on a regular basis. Yearly maintenance is recommended for moderate use fireplaces; if you use your fireplace more frequently, scheduling maintenance visits a few times a year is highly recommended.
Our Chimney Maintenance Process
At Ageless Chimney, we have developed a comprehensive maintenance process to ensure that the Nassau County chimneys we service are in proper working order. Our technicians will begin by performing a thorough assessment of all elements of the structure. We’ll use the most advanced tools and state-of-the-art technologies, as well as our highly-trained eyes, to inspect your chimney. We’ll fully examine every square inch, from top to bottom, looking for signs of:
- Masonry and mortar damage
- Crown and/or cap damage
- Moisture leaks
- Spalling (damaged to the lining)
- Damper and firebox problems
After performing a complete inspection, if we notice any signs of trouble, we’ll determine the best course of action to correct the problem(s). We’ll provide you with a complete diagnostic report and our repair recommendations. With your approval, we’ll proceed to correct any issues that we detected.
In addition to inspecting and repairing your chimney, we’ll also clean it. Using state-of-the-art tools and good-old elbow grease, we’ll completely cleanse the flue, damper, and firebox. We’ll make sure that your chimney is completely clean and free of dangerous creosote buildup.
Safety and Satisfaction are Our Top Priorities
At Ageless Chimney, we have two top priorities; safety and satisfaction. Our goal is to make sure that every single chimney and fireplace we service is working properly and safe to use. A damaged or dirty chimney isn’t a safe chimney. We’re also fully committed to providing the highest degree of customer care to ensure your complete satisfaction. Our technicians will go above and beyond to make sure that you are fully satisfied with our services. You – and your home – will be treated with the utmost respect by every member of our staff.
It’s because of our dedication to safety and customer satisfaction that Ageless Chimney has established itself as one of the most trusted Nassau County chimney repair services, and that’s something we’re really proud of.
Schedule Your Chimney Maintenance Service Today!
One of your home’s most beautiful features – the fireplace – can become one of its most dangerous, do not let this happen. Call 516-613-5450 today for more information or to schedule an appointment with one of our technicians. It would be our pleasure to serve all of your chimney needs.
Some information about Floral Park, NY
Floral Park is an incorporated village in Nassau County, New York, United States, on Long Island. The population as of the US Census of 2010 is 15,863.
The area that is now Floral Park once marked the western edge of the great Hempstead Plains, and by some reports was initially known as Plainfield. Farms and tiny villages dominated the area through the 1870s when the development of the Long Island Rail Road Hempstead Branch and Jericho Turnpike cut through the area. Hinsdale had more than two dozen flower farms after the Civil War. The present-day village of Floral Park was once called East Hinsdale.
In 1874 John Lewis Childs arrived in the area to work for C.L. Allen as a seed seller. After building his own seed and bulb business and starting America’s first seed catalog business, Childs bought a great deal of land in the area. To promote his own business and the local horticultural industry, Childs named the local streets after flowers and renamed the area Floral Park. The expansion of the Floral Park Post Office and nearby village businesses are attributed solely to the success of Childs’ business. When the local Post Office took the name Floral Park, the Long Island Rail Road followed suit by changing the name of the East Hinsdale station to Floral Park in 1888. Formerly part of Queens, Floral Park became part of the new county of Nassau in 1899, and it was incorporated as a village in 1908. Childs served as its first president starting that year.
In 1903 the village boasted more than 200 acres (0.81 km2) of Childs’ flower beds. The massive volume of his mail order business grew the local post office to such an extent that it drew comparisons with the post offices of Chicago, Baltimore, and Boston.
Directions from Floral Park, NY to Ageless Chimney
Here are some chimney-related links:
- Chimney Safety Institute of America
- Chimney Safety Institute of America