Bob and his staff were amazing. They came on time did all the work mentioned and were so clean you would not even know they were there. All the workers were very good and perfectionists. They explained everything they were doing. They fixed our chimney and front stoop. Their prices were very reasonable. I highly recommend them.Doug D.
Called Ageless Chimney to get a free estimate on our damaged and old chimney. They were very knowledgeable and helpful with our chimney issues. The guys showed up and really took care of business. We had the upper portion of our chimney rebuilt and it looks amazing. Very clean job. We also had the metal chimney liner put in and now we don't have to worry about the old terra cotta lining. Bobby and the guys at Ageless Chimney are professional, knowledgeable, clean and on point. Highly recommend.Vanessa P.
I can't say enough about this company. They gave us a reasonably priced estimate and were on time with the estimate and with the appointment. They worked on my chimney on a cold snowy morning and were very pleasant to deal with. I am very happy with the job they performed. Would recommend this trust worthy company to anyone looking for work on their chimney.Nick C.
Ageless Chimney was one of three estimates sought, and I'm glad that I chose them. Although it hasn't rained yet, I trust that the leak from failed flashing (no thanks to the previous roofers) is fixed, and the chimney on this 100+ year old home was completely re-pointed for the first time ever. From the professional office staff, to Keith the estimator, to Sherwood and Kevin who performed the work, thank you for giving me peace of mind from a job well done!Louise S.
Wanted to take a few minutes to pass along my experience with Ageless Chimney….my mother in law is 87 and she needed to have repairs made to her fire place chimney and to her front stoop. I went the normal route of asking around, for personal references before doing some research on the computer. I can tell you I was very apprehensive when I could not get any personal references. Quite frankly, I was most concerned about her being taken advantage of and me too….well let me tell you…I am super glad that I chose Ageless after receiving several estimates….their work and professionalism was simply outstanding…so good that I felt that I had to take the time to write this review…As for the longevity of their work, time will only tell but I am very confident in the results for the work that was performed and they warrantied it for ten years too.Michael Mantione
The staff arrived during the timeframe that was stated. I originally asked for chimney and boiler sweep but one of the guys took a look and said I didn't need the boiler sweep which id have never known. They were fast and efficient. When they went up to the roof they took pictures to show the damage I had and offered an estimate for future work. Staff was knowledgeable and helpful as myself and my family have never owned a fireplace. Will use againTms T.
First let me start off my saying Charlie was very nice during the consult and then when him and his crew came back to do the job, the Chimney looked great. Second, I didn't notice at the time when the chimney was completed that both gutters needed to be replaced due to the cement that was used to fixed the chimney. When we contacted Ageless Chimney in regards to this matter, Christian (who was with Charlie during the repairs) came out and stated that he would replace the gutters as long as we got the materials. It took about a month for Christian to come out because according to him this was a favor. For the money that the company asked for the repair once they crew noticed there was an issued w/the gutters they should have notified the home owners and then allow the home owners to decide if they wanted to replace the gutters. Christian arrived today with a NASTY ATTITUDE. When he finished I asked him why did he only replace one of the two gutters, he stated this was a conversation he previously had with my Mom, that one of the gutters would be replaced and that he is not coming back to place the other gutter.Lorraine G.
I would not advise ANYBODY to use this company, it starts off good they do half the work, take your money and the moment there is a issue w/the repairs the repair men are NASTY INDIVIDUALS. My family and I WORK HARD FOR OUR MONEY AND DO NOT APPRECIATE THE SELFISHNESS OF THIS BUSINESS.
Ageless Chimney Offers Nassau County Chimney Leak Inspection, Detection, and Correction
When the property owners of Nassau County are in need of chimney care, there’s only one company they call: Ageless Chimney. For more than a decade, our locally owned and operated company has been maintaining, inspecting, and correcting chimneys of homeowners throughout the area. Our team of professional technicians use the highest quality and most advanced tools, equipment, and techniques to ensure the chimneys we work on are properly functioning and safe to use.
As a full-service chimney care company, we specialize in all areas of chimney care, including leak detection. While chimneys are built to withstand exposure to extreme temperatures, chemical by-products, and the elements, they can sustain damage. Moisture is one of the worst types of damage a chimney can sustain. It can lead to damage the structural integrity of the chimney and the elements that surround it, resulting in extensive and costly repairs. It can also increase the risk of exposure to toxic fumes and fire.
To avoid the consequences of moisture damage, having your chimney inspected by a reputable Nassau County chimney repair specialist on a regular basis is important.
Causes of Moisture Damage
There are several variables that can lead to moisture damage in a chimney. Some of the most common causes include:
- Damaged masonry. Most chimneys are constructed of masonry, like brick or stone, and mortar. Mortar acts like glue, as it holds the masonry materials together. Unfortunately, these masonry materials are quite porous. Because these materials are exposed to the elements, whenever it rains or snows, the brick, stone, and mortar in your chimney absorb moisture. When the temperatures drop, the trapped moisture freezes, and when the temperatures rise, it thaws. This constant freezing and thawing cause the masonry materials to expand and contract, and over time, they can crack and crumble. This is known as spalling. Damaged mortar – or spalling – can affect the aesthetics of your chimney; but more importantly, it can damage the entire structure. The damage can allow moisture to leak into your chimney and the walls that surround it, which can lead to serious problems.
- Damaged or missing chimney cap. A cap is a chimney’s first line of defense against exterior elements. It prevents rain, snow, and sleet from entering the chimney. If this element is damaged or missing, water can drip into your chimney, which can cause a number of problems. It can damage the flue, the feature that lines the chimney and protects it from high heat and gasses. It can also damage the fireplace, as well as anything that surrounds the structure.
- Damaged chimney crowns. The crown prevents water from collecting at the top of the chimney. If it’s damaged, water will pool, and eventually, it will damage the crown even further, as well as other elements of the chimney, including the cap, the masonry material, the fireplace, and the surrounding walls.
- Damaged flashing. Flashing prevents water from penetrating the chimney where it meets the roof. If the flashing is damaged in any way, water will eventually push its way between the structure and the roof, which can lead to leakage and the serious problems that come along with it
Reasons to Have Your Chimney Inspected for Leaks
Chimneys and moisture don’t mix. Even a minor leak can cause major damage. Leaks can rust the firebox and damper. They can damage the flue and the entire structural integrity of the fireplace. Leaks can increase the risk of fire and can ultimately cause the chimney to collapse. They can also increase your risk of being exposed to toxic gases, like carbon monoxide.
The only way to avoid the extensive, costly and dangerous damage that moisture can cause is by having a professional company, like Ageless Chimney, inspect it on a regular basis.
Comprehensive Leak Detection
The highly trained technicians at Ageless Chimney will thoroughly inspect your chimney for any leaks. Using the highest quality tools and proven strategies, we’ll locate any signs of a leak. If we find a leak, we’ll determine the cause and assess the damage that it’s caused.
Our crew will provide you with a complete diagnostic report and let you know our recommendations for corrections. With your approval, we’ll completely repair the source of the leak, as well as any damage that it may have caused. When we’re done, we’ll reassess the structure to ensure that it’s leak-proof.
Our technicians provide fast, efficient, and affordable leak detection services. That’s why so many Nassau County homeowners rely on us for their chimney leak inspection, detection, and correction needs; as well as all of their chimney maintenance and repair needs. When we’re on the job, you can have confidence knowing that your chimney – and your home – are in the very best of hands.
Schedule an Appointment for Great Neck, NY Leak Inspection Today!
Protect your chimney, your fireplace, and your home from the damaging effects of moisture by scheduling a leak detection service. To learn more about our comprehensive leak detection processor to make an appointment, call 516-795-1313. One of our friendly and knowledgeable associates will be more than happy to answer any of your questions and arrange a time for this all-important service at a time that is most convenient for you.
- Learn more about Great Neck, NY 11024 11023 11022 11026 11027
- Open a Great Neck, NY map
- Find the Great Neck, NY United States Post Office
- Locate nearby Great Neck, NY pharmacies
- View the current Great Neck, NY weather report
- Browse a list of Great Neck, NY public and private schools
- Great Neck, NY is located in Nassau county in New York State