Chimney Repair in Great Neck Plaza, NY 11021
Ageless Chimney Offers Complete Great Neck Plaza, NY Chimney Maintenance Services
Ageless Chimney is a full-service chimney care and repair company serving Nassau County. With more than a decade of experience, our skilled and licensed technicians have maintained and repaired chimneys throughout Great Neck Plaza, NY. One of the reasons we are highly regarded is our commitment to providing fast, reliable, and affordable chimney service, as well as our expertise in delivering exceptional customer service.
There’s nothing more relaxing than sitting back in front of the warm glow of a fireplace on a chilly evening. But before you even think about lighting that fire, scheduling a maintenance service with a reputable chimney specialist is crucial. When it comes to using a fireplace, safety needs to be a top priority, and routine maintenance is the best way to ensure that everything is in safe and proper working order.
The Importance of Chimney Maintenance
A chimney is designed to be strong and durable. It’s supposed to be able to withstand excessive temperatures, the harsh by-products of combustion, and weather. However, like any other feature in your Nassau County home, with repeated exposure to all of these elements, a chimney can become dirty and damaged.
A chimney is comprised of multiple elements, and if any of those elements are dirty or in disrepair, the entire structure can be compromised. Using a damaged chimney can lead to serious and costly complications; it could even be life-threatening. Some of the side effects of a dirty and/or damaged chimney include the following:
- Structural damage. Minor issues, like a few cracked mortar joints, can turn into major damage, which can lead to catastrophe. Water can easily penetrate through the chimney, damaging the entire structural integrity of the chimney. When that happens, there’s a chance that the entire chimney could collapse, and it could take surrounding walls and roofing materials down with it, too.
- Fires. A damaged or dirty chimney is a serious fire hazard. Creosote, a by-product of combustion, can build up in the flue. The buildup can prevent heat from ventilating out of the chimney, which could damage the flue. If the flue is damaged, heat could escape into the walls of your house instead of out of the fireplace. Additionally, creosote is highly flammable; if the buildup is thick enough, it could catch on fire and spark a blaze that could engulf your entire house.
- Health hazards. Smoke produces carbon monoxide, an odorless, colorless, and toxic gas. When a chimney is clean and functioning properly, the gas exhausts out of your home; however, if the chimney is damaged or dirty, the toxic gas can pour back into your home. Inhaling those gases can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning, which has serious side effects on your health and can potentially lead to death.
- Smoke damage. When a chimney in Great Neck Plaza, NY is damaged or dirty, smoke can’t flow up and out, so instead, it flows back in. Smoke contains soot, a highly corrosive substance that can damage anything it lands on; the walls surrounding the fireplace, the hearth, flooring, curtains, furniture, and decorative elements, too.
The only way to avoid these serious risks is by having your chimney inspected, maintained, and cleaned on a regular basis. Yearly maintenance is recommended for moderate use fireplaces; if you use your fireplace more frequently, scheduling maintenance visits a few times a year is highly recommended.
Our Chimney Maintenance Process
At Ageless Chimney, we have developed a comprehensive maintenance process to ensure that the Nassau County chimneys we service are in proper working order. Our technicians will begin by performing a thorough assessment of all elements of the structure. We’ll use the most advanced tools and state-of-the-art technologies, as well as our highly-trained eyes, to inspect your chimney. We’ll fully examine every square inch, from top to bottom, looking for signs of:
- Masonry and mortar damage
- Crown and/or cap damage
- Moisture leaks
- Spalling (damaged to the lining)
- Damper and firebox problems
After performing a complete inspection, if we notice any signs of trouble, we’ll determine the best course of action to correct the problem(s). We’ll provide you with a complete diagnostic report and our repair recommendations. With your approval, we’ll proceed to correct any issues that we detected.
In addition to inspecting and repairing your chimney, we’ll also clean it. Using state-of-the-art tools and good-old elbow grease, we’ll completely cleanse the flue, damper, and firebox. We’ll make sure that your chimney is completely clean and free of dangerous creosote buildup.
Safety and Satisfaction are Our Top Priorities
At Ageless Chimney, we have two top priorities; safety and satisfaction. Our goal is to make sure that every single chimney and fireplace we service is working properly and safe to use. A damaged or dirty chimney isn’t a safe chimney. We’re also fully committed to providing the highest degree of customer care to ensure your complete satisfaction. Our technicians will go above and beyond to make sure that you are fully satisfied with our services. You – and your home – will be treated with the utmost respect by every member of our staff.
It’s because of our dedication to safety and customer satisfaction that Ageless Chimney has established itself as one of the most trusted Nassau County chimney repair services, and that’s something we’re really proud of.
Schedule Your Chimney Maintenance Service Today!
One of your home’s most beautiful features – the fireplace – can become one of its most dangerous, do not let this happen. Call 516-795-1313 today for more information or to schedule an appointment with one of our technicians. It would be our pleasure to serve all of your chimney needs.
Some information about Great Neck Plaza, NY
Great Neck Plaza is a village on the Great Neck Peninsula in the Town of North Hempstead, in Nassau County, on the North Shore of Long Island, in New York, United States. The population was 6,707 at the 2010 census.
The Village of Great Neck Plaza was incorporated on May 3, 1930.
In 1866, the New York and Flushing Railroad extended their main line into Great Neck through a subsidiary called the North Shore Railroad, thus transforming it from a farming community into a commuter town. The NY&F was consolidated into the Flushing and North Side Railroad in 1869, only to be merged into the Flushing, North Shore, and Central Railroad in 1874 and leased in 1876 by the LIRR. Throughout much of the late 19th Century, Great Neck was the terminus of what is today the Port Washington Branch of the LIRR. The village was incorporated in 1930, even as the station that led to its existence was being reconstructed. In addition to the railroad station, Great Neck Plaza contains other historic structures, such as the local post office and the Grace and Thomaston Buildings.
Great Neck Plaza encompasses a busy commercial district, two parks, as well as a residential section with many multiple dwellings and private homes. Although geographically the Village measures only a third of a square mile, it boasts a vibrant downtown including the Great Neck LIRR station, over 250 retail stores and service establishments, almost 90 multiple-family apartment buildings, 148 single family homes, approximately 40 office buildings, 2 four-star hotels, a nursing home, a senior independent living facility, and one assisted-care living facility.
Directions from Great Neck Plaza, NY to Ageless Chimney
Here are some chimney-related links:
- Chimney Safety Institute of America
- Chimney Safety Institute of America