Chimney Repair in Lake Success, NY 11020
Ageless Chimney Offers Nassau County Chimney Leak Inspection, Detection, and Correction
There is only one company that property owners in Nassau County call when they need chimney care: Ageless Chimney. We have maintained, inspected, and repaired chimneys for homeowners throughout the Lake Success, NY area for over a decade. For the safety and proper operation of the chimneys we work on, our team of professional technicians uses the finest and most advanced tools, equipment, and techniques.
As a full-service chimney care company, we specialize in all areas of chimney care, including leak detection. While chimneys are built to withstand exposure to extreme temperatures, chemical by-products, and elements, they can sustain damage. Moisture is one of the worst types of damage a chimney can sustain. It can lead to damage to the structural integrity of the chimney and the elements that surround it, resulting in extensive and costly repairs. It can also increase the risk of exposure to toxic fumes and fire.
To avoid the consequences of moisture damage, having your chimney inspected by a reputable Nassau County chimney repair specialist on a regular basis is important.
Causes of Moisture Damage
There are several variables that can lead to moisture damage in a chimney. Some of the most common causes include:
- Damaged masonry. Most chimneys are constructed of masonry, like brick or stone, and mortar. Mortar acts like glue, as it holds the masonry materials together. Unfortunately, these masonry materials are quite porous. Because these materials are exposed to the elements, whenever it rains or snows, the brick, stone, and mortar in your chimney absorb moisture. When the temperatures drop, the trapped moisture freezes, and when the temperatures rise, it thaws. This constant freezing and thawing cause the masonry materials to expand and contract, and over time, they can crack and crumble. This is known as spalling. Damaged mortar – or spalling – can affect the aesthetics of your chimney; but more importantly, it can damage the entire structure. The damage can allow moisture to leak into your chimney and the walls that surround it, which can lead to serious problems.
- Damaged or missing chimney cap. A cap is a chimney’s first line of defense against exterior elements. It prevents rain, snow, and sleet from entering the chimney. If this element is damaged or missing, water can drip into your chimney, which can cause a number of problems. It can damage the flue, the feature that lines the chimney and protects it from high heat and gasses. It can also damage the fireplace, as well as anything that surrounds the structure.
- Damaged chimney crowns. The crown prevents water from collecting at the top of the chimney. If it’s damaged, water will pool, and eventually, it will damage the crown even further, as well as other elements of the chimney, including the cap, the masonry material, the fireplace, and the surrounding walls.
- Damaged flashing. Flashing prevents water from penetrating the chimney where it meets the roof. If the flashing is damaged in any way, water will eventually push its way between the structure and the roof, which can lead to leakage and the serious problems that come along with it
Reasons to Have Your Chimney Inspected for Leaks
Chimneys and moisture don’t mix. Even a minor leak can cause major damage. Leaks can rust the firebox and damper. They can damage the flue and the entire structural integrity of the fireplace. Leaks can increase the risk of fire and can ultimately cause the chimney to collapse. They can also increase your risk of being exposed to toxic gases, like carbon monoxide.
The only way to avoid the extensive, costly and dangerous damage that moisture can cause is by having a professional company, like Ageless Chimney, inspect it on a regular basis.
Comprehensive Leak Detection
The highly-trained technicians at Ageless Chimney will thoroughly inspect your Lake Success, NY chimney for any leaks. Using the highest quality tools and proven strategies, we’ll locate any signs of a leak. If we find a leak, we’ll determine the cause and assess the damage that it’s caused.
Our crew will provide you with a complete diagnostic report and let you know our recommendations for corrections. With your approval, we’ll completely repair the source of the leak, as well as any damage that it may have caused. When we’re done, we’ll reassess the structure to ensure that it’s leak-proof.
Our technicians provide fast, efficient, and affordable leak detection services. That’s why so many Nassau County homeowners rely on us for their chimney leak inspection, detection, and correction needs; as well as all of their chimney maintenance and repair needs. When we’re on the job, you can have confidence knowing that your chimney – and your home – are in the very best of hands.
Schedule an Appointment for Lake Success, NY Leak Inspection Today!
Schedule a leak detection service to prevent damage to your chimney, fireplace, and home. Please call 516-613-5450 for more information about our comprehensive leak detection process. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff will be happy to answer any questions you may have and schedule your appointment at your earliest convenience. 516-613-5450
Some information about Lake Success, NY
Lake Success is a village in the Town of North Hempstead in Nassau County, on the North Shore of Long Island, in New York, United States. The population was 2,897 at the 2010 census.
Lake Success derives its name from a kettle lake of the same name which according to village lore had a Native American name of ‘Sucut.’ William K. Vanderbilt II bought land around the lake in the early 20th century for a home. The village was incorporated in 1927.
In 1939, the United States government bought a large tract between Marcus Avenue, Lakeville Road and Union Turnpike, to be the home to the Sperry Gyroscope Company which built a variety of maritime, military, aerospace and navigation products. During World War II the plant had 22,000 employees. After the war, part of the plant became the temporary headquarters of the United Nations from 1947 to 1952, while its headquarters building in New York City was being built. The 1,500,000-square-foot (140,000 m2) facility continued to be used by various companies (including Unisys and Loral Corporation) to build defense products over ensuing decades. It was purchased by Lockheed Martin in 1996. The company closed the plant in 1998 and began an environmental clean-up of the site overseen by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation.
Lake Success is the city of license for popular regional dance/Hot Adult Contemporary radio station WKTU, although the station is based in Manhattan along with other Clear Channel stations.
Directions from Lake Success, NY to Ageless Chimney
Here are some chimney-related links:
- Chimney Safety Institute of America
- Chimney Safety Institute of America