Chimney Repair in Northport, NY 11768
Ageless Chimney: Suffolk County Chimney Repair Experts
Over the past decade, Ageless Chimney has maintained and repaired the chimneys of Northport, NY residents. With a full range of chimney care services, including comprehensive cleaning, our locally owned and operated company is fully licensed and insured.
The Importance of Chimney Cleaning
A chimney may add architectural interest to your home, but it’s much more than an aesthetic feature; it plays a key role in safe fireplace operation. The chimney and the flue that lines it direct excessive heat and harmful gasses that are caused by a fire up and out of your home. However, over time, chimneys can become dirty. The buildup of creosote, a residue of fire, buildup in the flue. Dirt, leaves, twigs, and even animals can enter your chimney from the outside, too.
When these elements collect in a chimney, they create a hazardous situation that can have devastating effects. To avoid serious danger, having your chimney cleaned on a regular basis is essential. Routine cleaning will protect you, your loved ones, and your home from the following:
· Chimney fires. By having your chimney cleaned, the chances of fire are significantly reduced. Creosote, a by-product of fire, is highly flammable, as is any exterior dirt and debris that collects inside the flue. If your chimney is dirty, every time you use your fireplace, there’s a serious risk of a chimney fire. These types of fires can be explosive and easy to notice, but they can also burn slowly and undetectable until they have spread through the walls and sent the surrounding structures up in flames. A chimney fire can cause extensive damage, and could even be life-threatening. One of the best ways to avoid this type of devastation is by having your chimney cleaned on a regular basis.
· Health hazards. A fire isn’t the only reason why a dirty chimney can be hazardous to your health; it can also cause carbon monoxide poisoning, a serious and potentially fatal condition. Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas; it’s also highly toxic. Exposure to this gas, even at low levels, can be detrimental to your health, as it can cause nausea, faintness, headaches, and confusion. High levels of exposure can be lethal. In fact, carbon monoxide inhalation causes countless deaths each year, and many of these deaths are the result of dirty chimneys. If your chimney is dirty, instead of pouring out of your home, it pours in, leaving you and anyone else at risk of inhalation, illness, and possible death.
· Smoke damage. Soot accumulates around the flue of a dirty chimney. When that happens, the flue can’t effectively draw smoke up and out of the chimney, so instead, it fills up the fireplace and fills up the room. That smoke can damage anything it comes in contact with; the hearth, the surrounding walls, and even carpeting, furniture, curtains, and decorative items. Smoke damage is more than just unsightly, it’s also corrosive and can deteriorate anything it comes in contact with; not to mention the fact that the smell can be quite powerful and unpleasant.
The best way to avoid these problems is by having your chimney cleaned by a reputable professional. According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), the structure should be cleaned and inspected once a year, at least; if you use your fireplace frequently, having the chimney assessed and cleaned two or more times may be necessary.
Ageless Chimney Offers Comprehensive Chimney Cleaning Services
Ageless Chimney, a Suffolk County chimney care provider, will ensure your chimney is fully cleaned and safe to operate. Using state-of-the-art technologies and the most advanced strategies, our highly trained and experienced technicians will clean out the entire interior of your chimney, as well as the fireplace. We’ll remove creosote buildup, and check for and remove any obstructions, including animals and nests.
Not only will we clean your chimney from crown to the fireplace, but we’ll also inspect it to determine if there are any signs of damage. If we spot any issues, we’ll let you know and recommend solutions. Of course, we’ll make the necessary repairs, too.
While our team is cleaning and inspecting your chimney, they’ll ensure that your property is well-protected. We take every precaution to avoid damaging the interior or exterior of your home with chimney dirt and debris. When we’re done, we’ll completely clean up, leaving nothing behind but a clean, properly functioning chimney that’s safe to use.
Why Choose Ageless Chimney for Your Northport, NY Chimney Cleaning Needs?
When it comes to Suffolk County chimney cleaning, we know you have your options. At Ageless Chimney, we strive for excellence and always go above and beyond to ensure we are offering the highest level of professionalism.
Countless Northport, NY homeowners choose us for their chimney cleaning needs because:
· We’re fast and efficient
· Our rates are honest and fair
· We use the highest quality tools and proven strategies
· We offer comprehensive cleaning to ensure every surface is clean
· Our crew performs full safety checks and damage assessments
· We treat our clients and their property with the utmost respect and professionalism
When Ageless Chimney is on the job, you can have peace of mind knowing that your safety is in the very best of care.
Find Out for Yourself Why Ageless Chimney is a Leading Suffolk County Chimney Service Provider
Contact us today to find out why so many homeowners in Northport, NY entrust us with their chimney cleaning and care needs! Call 516-613-5450 if you would like to learn more about our products or schedule an appointment with one of our friendly representatives.
Some information about Northport, NY
Northport is a historic maritime village on the north shore of Long Island, New York. Initially designated Great Cow Harbour by 17th-century English colonists, the area was officially renamed Northport in 1837. In 1894, in an effort to localize governance, the community incorporated as a village.
The original inhabitants of the area now known as Northport were the Matinecocks, one of 13 Native American tribes of Long Island. The Matinecocks called this land Opcathontyche, which meant ‘wading place creek’. After Dutch interest a few years earlier, the land was sold by Chief Asharoken, head of the Matinecocks, to three Englishmen in 1656.
With land that was well suited for farming, the early settlers grazed cattle on pastures around the harbor. The area soon became known as Great Cow Harbour. (The nearby hamlet of was known as Little Cow Harbour.) The oldest house still standing in Northport, the Skidmore House on Main Street, was built in 1761. In 2009 the house was put up for sale, sparking the village to pass a historical preservation law.
Woodbine Avenue and Northport Harbor, circa 1900
In the early 19th century Great Cow Harbor was still a rural farming community. By the 1830s the village contained only eight dwellings. But a new industry of shipbuilding brought rapid change and growth. The village shifted away from its farming roots as shipbuilding became the community’s primary industry. By 1837 the village was being referred to as Northport.
Directions from Northport, NY to Ageless Chimney
Here are some chimney-related links:
- Chimney Safety Institute of America
- Chimney Safety Institute of America