- Kathleen S.- Yelp
Unfortunately not thrilled with work that was done. We had them redo our stoop with the understanding all sides would be bricked like original, it wasn't. Sides were stuccoed. Plus gaps between bricks on steps where water would seep and in winter when frozen would cause cracks. The stone was marked up and they destroyed grass by cutting stone on it. Would not recommend at all.
- Stacey Blatt
Would highly recommend this company. They had excellent customer service! From the beginning phone call with Cheryl the receptionist to the workers Keith and Kyle that installed a stainless steel chimney liner today. This company was a pleasure to deal with, fast, had great prices, meticulous work, and highly recommended:)
- Nick C.- Yelp
I can't say enough about this company. They gave us a reasonably priced estimate and were on time with the estimate and with the appointment. They worked on my chimney on a cold snowy morning and were very pleasant to deal with. I am very happy with the job they performed. Would recommend this trust worthy company to anyone looking for work on their chimney.Bob Alarcon
I am truly satisfied. I have not used my fireplace for 4-5 years. The hamper was rusted. I called 3 companies for an estimate. 2 came in and said it would cost $450-$500. Ageless came in and first tried spraying WD40. It worked! And they didn't even charge me. I highly recommend this company.
- Louise S.- Yelp
Ageless Chimney was one of three estimates sought, and I'm glad that I chose them. Although it hasn't rained yet, I trust that the leak from failed flashing (no thanks to the previous roofers) is fixed, and the chimney on this 100+ year old home was completely re-pointed for the first time ever. From the professional office staff, to Keith the estimator, to Sherwood and Kevin who performed the work, thank you for giving me peace of mind from a job well done!
- Gina C.- Yelp
I had called Ageless Chimney because we had a leak into our attic from the chimney. We were unsure if the roof or chimney flashing was the problem. They set me up with an appointment for a one hour window and confirmed the day before. The guys got here on time. Charlie was professional and gave us a reasonable estimate and told us what the problem was. He was able to fix it right then and there! It stopped our leak! Thanks guys!Laura G.- Yelp
RIPOFF ALERT!!!!They quoted me one price over the phone, then, after the job was done, they added quite an extra charges.When I questioned the extra charge,the gentleman just kept on repeating the extra charge verbally..... and also, charged me $200 for " point work" which took all of 5 minutes....... and he acted like he was doing me a big favor by charging $200..... steer clear of Ageless Chimney unless you enjoy being RIPPED OFF
- Adrienne Testa
Honest, professional and willing to answer question. I took a shot with this company, when I sought help for what I thought was a chimney problem. They came checked out my heating , hot water systems and
chimney. I was relieved there was no problem and happily surprised when there was no charge. Anyone needing a reliable, honest and professional chimney company can rest assure you have found them with this company.
- Doug D.- Yelp
Bob and his staff were amazing. They came on time did all the work mentioned and were so clean you would not even know they were there. All the workers were very good and perfectionists. They explained everything they were doing. They fixed our chimney and front stoop. Their prices were very reasonable. I highly recommend them.Julian B.- Yelp
A must hire. I have yet to see this level of commitment to achieve customer satisfaction and dedication to one's craft. I deliberately took over a year to write this because I wanted to make sure my issue was resolved. I had a leak around my chimney that was difficult to remedy and water was coming into my attic. Generally speaking, my chimney and flashing were in good condition according to several experts, and many couldn't understand why I was having leaks. A wide range of options were presented by different vendors as well as pricing. Ageless recommended repointing the chimney, so I agreed and the price was reasonable. After they finished the job, and after a hard rain, I saw that I was still having leaks. I called Ageless, and they came back to remedy the issue. About a month later, I was still having issues. I called Ageless again, and they came back a third time.Long story short, this project started in late 2017. These guys came back at least 5 times (no additional cost) over the course of 9 months and threw the kitchen sink at this (why a sink at a chimney? I don't know). They were fixing things that were out of original scope and around the chimney under pretense that water was traveling and entering my attic from unobservable areas. This additional work was at no additional cost as well and I approved all work. They even repointed the job a second time- no cost. All I know is that I met the entire team over the course of 9 months. All three gentlemen are cordial and knowledgable and committed to solving your problem. Not once was frustration directed at me. Unless they have zero overhead costs, I'd be surprised if they broke even on this job. I'm writing this because you want to see guys like this be successful. Hire them.
For Efficient and Affordable Gas Fireplace Repair in Howard Beach, NY, Contact Ageless Chimney
Do you live in the Howard Beach, NY area? Have you been looking for gas fireplace repair near me that’s both efficient and affordable? Have your search results led you nowhere? If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, then you’re in the right place! As a leading Queens County fireplace repair company, you can count on Ageless chimney to handle all of your needs for a price that you can truly afford. From pilot light issues to thermocouple problems, with gas fireplace repair service from Ageless Chimney, you can have confidence knowing that you’ll receive the best results possible. When it comes to fireplace restoration in Howard Beach, NY, we’ve got you covered!
Whether you use it for warmth or ambiance, a gas fireplace is a fantastic feature in your Howard Beach home. You don’t have to struggle with trying to light a fire, constantly add logs, or cleaning up the mess that wood-burning fireplaces leave behind. With the flip of a switch, you have instant fire! Plus, gas fireplaces are safer, more eco-friendly, and more cost-effective than traditional wood-burning fireplaces.
While gas fireplaces certainly offer a number of benefits, they aren’t problem-free. A gas fireplace can experience a number of issues, and when it does, you need to call in the help of an expert.
Signs Your Gas Fireplace Needs to be Repaired
The following are telltale signs that something’s amiss with your gas fireplace:
- Discolored glass. If your fireplace is functioning properly, the flames should be clearly visible through the glass that surrounds it. If the glass is discolored, that’s a sign of excessive soot buildup. One of the major benefits of gas fireplaces is the minimal soot they produce; however, they can produce excessive amounts of soot, and when they do, the glass becomes foggy or develops black patches. There are a number of reasons why soot buildup can occur: the logs may be too close to the glass, there could be an airflow problem, or the ports could be clogged, for example.
- An odd odor. If your gas fireplace is new, you might notice some odor the first few times you light it. This odor is known as off-gassing and it occurs as a result of chemicals that were applied during construction, such as paint. This “new fireplace” smell is normal and harmless, and after you light a few fires, it should burn off. If, however, your gas fireplace – new or old – is producing a strange rotten egg-like smell, there may be a gas leak. Since natural gas is completely odorless, mercaptan, an organic substance that is comprised of a combination of sulfur, hydrogen, and carbon. Mercaptan produces an unmistakable rotten egg odor, which is why it’s added to gas, as it makes the colorless and odorless substance detectable. If you notice the smell of rotten eggs coming from your gas fireplace, chances are you have a gas leak. It goes without saying that gas leaks are extremely dangerous, so if you detect a rotten egg smell, immediately turn off the fireplace call your gas supplier and a professional technician right away.
- Pilot light problems. Just like a boiler, a gas fireplace features a pilot light to supply the gas that’s needed for combustion. If the pilot light keeps shutting off, something is definitely awry. Typically, the problem is associated with the thermocouple, which covers the pilot light when the gas is turned off to prevent it from leaking. If the fire shuts off or the flames aren’t as high as they usually are, the thermocouple may be damaged or it could be covered in soot. Pilot light issues could also be linked to bad wiring, which you should never attempt to correct on your own.
- Strange sounds. Even when they’re operating properly, gas fireplaces do make some degree of noise; however, if you notice any sounds that seem different than usual – rumbling, roaring, shrieking, or grinding, for example – you should arrange to have it checked out by a professional.
If you are experiencing any of the above-mentioned issues, contact a reputable Queens County fireplace repair service, like Ageless Chimney, as soon as possible.
Gas Fireplace Repair from Ageless Chimney
If you’ve been searching for fireplace repair near me, look no further than Ageless Chimney! Our highly trained technicians have the knowledge and experience that are needed to fully assess your gas fireplace and the necessary tools to accurately detect and properly correct any issues. We’ll check all of the working components, including the ports, ventilation, pilot light, fan, logs, and flue; we’ll also assess the heat output.
Once we’ve identified the problem, we’ll make the repairs that are required quickly and affordably so you can get back to enjoying all of the benefits that a gas fireplace offers. If your fireplace is in need of cleaning, we can take care of that for you, too! Our crew will clean the logs, glass, and firebox to remove any dust, dirt, and debris that has accumulated.
We’ll take great care to protect all of the surrounding surfaces of your home while we work to prevent the spread of debris. When we’re finished, we’ll leave nothing behind but a properly functioning and beautiful fireplace.
With Ageless Chimney, Your Search for the Best Fireplace Technician Near Me is Over!
With an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and as the recipient of the coveted Angie’s List Super Service Award, our fully licensed, insured, and bonded fireplace repair company is regarded as one of the best fireplace repair services in the Queens County area.
Find out for yourself why so many Howard Beach, NY homeowners count on us for their gas fireplace repair needs. Call 516-795-1313 for a free estimate or to schedule an appointment to have your gas fireplace inspected and repaired. At Ageless Chimney, we do fireplace repairs right!
- Learn more about Howard Beach, NY 11414
- Open a Howard Beach, NY map
- Find the Howard Beach, NY United States Post Office
- Locate nearby Howard Beach, NY pharmacies
- View the current Howard Beach, NY weather report
- Browse a list of Howard Beach, NY public and private schools
- Howard Beach, NY is located in Queens county in New York State