Fireplace Repair in Prospect Heights, NY 11238
For Efficient and Affordable Gas Fireplace Repair in Prospect Heights, NY, Contact Ageless Chimney
Are you a resident of Prospect Heights, NY? Have you been trying to find gas fireplace repair in my area that is both affordable and efficient? Have your search results been fruitless? If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, then you’ve come to the right place! Our company, Ageless Chimney, is one of the leading fireplace repair companies in Kings County, providing affordable options that are guaranteed to meet your needs. Gas fireplace repair from Ageless Chimney covers everything from pilot light problems to thermocouples. You can trust that you’ll receive the best results. If you need fireplace restoration in Prospect Heights, NY, we’ve got you covered!
Whether you use it for warmth or ambiance, a gas fireplace is a fantastic feature in your Prospect Heights, NY home. You don’t have to struggle with trying to light a fire, constantly add logs, or cleaning up the mess that wood-burning fireplaces leave behind. With the flip of a switch, you have instant fire! Plus, gas fireplaces are safer, more eco-friendly, and more cost-effective than traditional wood-burning fireplaces.
While gas fireplaces certainly offer a number of benefits, they aren’t problem-free. A gas fireplace can experience a number of issues, and when it does, you need to call in the help of an expert.
Signs Your Gas Fireplace Needs to be Repaired
The following are telltale signs that something’s amiss with your gas fireplace:
· Discolored glass. If your fireplace is functioning properly, the flames should be clearly visible through the glass that surrounds it. If the glass is discolored, that’s a sign of excessive soot buildup. One of the major benefits of gas fireplaces is the minimal soot they produce; however, they can produce excessive amounts of soot, and when they do, the glass becomes foggy or develops black patches. There are a number of reasons why soot buildup can occur: the logs may be too close to the glass, there could be an airflow problem, or the ports could be clogged, for example.
· An odd odor. If your gas fireplace is new, you might notice some odor the first few times you light it. This odor is known as off-gassing and it occurs as a result of chemicals that were applied during construction, such as paint. This “new fireplace” smell is normal and harmless, and after you light a few fires, it should burn off. If, however, your gas fireplace – new or old – is producing a strange rotten egg-like smell, there may be a gas leak. Since natural gas is completely odorless, mercaptan, an organic substance that is comprised of a combination of sulfur, hydrogen, and carbon. Mercaptan produces an unmistakable rotten egg odor, which is why it’s added to gas, as it makes the colorless and odorless substance detectable. If you notice the smell of rotten eggs coming from your gas fireplace, chances are you have a gas leak. It goes without saying that gas leaks are extremely dangerous, so if you detect a rotten egg smell, immediately turn off the fireplace call your gas supplier and a professional technician right away.
· Pilot light problems. Just like a boiler, a gas fireplace features a pilot light to supply the gas that’s needed for combustion. If the pilot light keeps shutting off, something is definitely awry. Typically, the problem is associated with the thermocouple, which covers the pilot light when the gas is turned off to prevent it from leaking. If the fire shuts off or the flames aren’t as high as they usually are, the thermocouple may be damaged or it could be covered in soot. Pilot light issues could also be linked to bad wiring, which you should never attempt to correct on your own.
· Strange sounds. Even when they’re operating properly, gas fireplaces do make some degree of noise; however, if you notice any sounds that seem different than usual – rumbling, roaring, shrieking, or grinding, for example – you should arrange to have it checked out by a professional.
If you are experiencing any of the above-mentioned issues, contact a reputable Kings County fireplace repair service, like Ageless Chimney, as soon as possible.
Gas Fireplace Repair from Ageless Chimney
If you’ve been searching for fireplace repair near me, look no further than Ageless Chimney! Our highly trained technicians have the knowledge and experience that are needed to fully assess your gas fireplace and the necessary tools to accurately detect and properly correct any issues. We’ll check all of the working components, including the ports, ventilation, pilot light, fan, logs, and flue; we’ll also assess the heat output.
Once we’ve identified the problem, we’ll make the repairs that are required quickly and affordably so you can get back to enjoying all of the benefits that a gas fireplace offers. If your fireplace is in need of cleaning, we can take care of that for you, too! Our crew will clean the logs, glass, and firebox to remove any dust, dirt, and debris that has accumulated.
We’ll take great care to protect all of the surrounding surfaces of your home while we work to prevent the spread of debris. When we’re finished, we’ll leave nothing behind but a properly functioning and beautiful fireplace.
With Ageless Chimney, Your Search for the Best Fireplace Technician Near Me is Over!
With an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and as the recipient of the coveted Angie’s List Super Service Award, our fully licensed, insured, and bonded fireplace repair company is regarded as one of the best fireplace repair services in the Kings County area.
Find out why so many homeowners in Prospect Heights, NY count on us for gas fireplace repair. You can schedule an appointment at 516-613-5450 for a free estimate or a repair of your gas fireplace. We do fireplace repairs right at Ageless Chimney!
Directions from Prospect Heights, NY to Ageless Chimney
Here are some chimney-related links:
- Chimney Safety Institute of America
- Chimney Safety Institute of America